Good refugium light for biocube 32?

Reefer825

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
I tried two different lights when I had my 32. JBJ was the first which uses a magnet that you put on the inside of the second chamber to hold the light. I liked the way it mounted but not the white LEDs. I switched to the IM refugium light which mounted by adhesive velcro strips and tan it on a wifi plug and it worked great great. It's suited better for the BioCube's second chamber because of the size/shape over the JBJ. Again, those are the only two I ever used but will vouch for the IM Chaeto light!

3000kelvin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you still using this setup with the inTank media basket and fuge basket? How's the flow from chamber 1 to 2 using a skimmer in chamber 1? Any issues with the chaeto in the basket?

Rjramos

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
E9E55AFE-0032-4D9E-861B-2DD6E420BA64.jpeg

Here it is right to left in direction of flow. Skimmer in chamber 1, drip plate bringing water from 1 to 2 and into media basket. Running Floss pad and 2 nano bags of chemipure blue. Refugium basket lit with IM chaetomax light from the back. Tunze nano top off and MJ1200 return pump. Chaeto grows like a brick!

MECOMI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchased a cheap Nicrew ClassicLED (used since 2019, under $20 then) and used velcro command strips directly on the glass for easy removal.
refug 1.jpeg

I second what some others have said. Once the algae starts to grow, some scraping will be needed no matter what light is chosen.

The proof is in the puddin, as some might say!
refuge 2.jpeg

Later days,

B-Kind

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 27.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 32.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 31.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back