Good refugium light for biocube 32?

How do you mount it to the tank?
I used some thick heavy duty double sided tape around the edges of the light to mount it to the back and it’s held up great.
 
I tried two different lights when I had my 32. JBJ was the first which uses a magnet that you put on the inside of the second chamber to hold the light. I liked the way it mounted but not the white LEDs. I switched to the IM refugium light which mounted by adhesive velcro strips and tan it on a wifi plug and it worked great great. It's suited better for the BioCube's second chamber because of the size/shape over the JBJ. Again, those are the only two I ever used but will vouch for the IM Chaeto light!
 
Are you still using this setup with the inTank media basket and fuge basket? How's the flow from chamber 1 to 2 using a skimmer in chamber 1? Any issues with the chaeto in the basket?
 
E9E55AFE-0032-4D9E-861B-2DD6E420BA64.jpeg

Here it is right to left in direction of flow. Skimmer in chamber 1, drip plate bringing water from 1 to 2 and into media basket. Running Floss pad and 2 nano bags of chemipure blue. Refugium basket lit with IM chaetomax light from the back. Tunze nano top off and MJ1200 return pump. Chaeto grows like a brick!
 
I just purchased a cheap Nicrew ClassicLED (used since 2019, under $20 then) and used velcro command strips directly on the glass for easy removal.
refug 1.jpeg


I second what some others have said. Once the algae starts to grow, some scraping will be needed no matter what light is chosen.

The proof is in the puddin, as some might say!
refuge 2.jpeg


Later days, ​


B-Kind
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 5 33.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 20.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new