Gorgonian Help

Manuel Peralta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am wondering what type of gorgonian it is. I bought it like this. It was laying down on the sand bed. I don't know which side is the growing point so I dont know how to prop it upright. Should I frag it. I don't know what to do.
1614539959121.png
1614539972462.png

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't recall the name but I've kept these before, they are pretty common photosynthetic gorgs. I would just pinch it between a couple of rocks and leave it be

salty old texan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say it's a Corky's finger gorgonian judging by its polyps and texture. There is also one called the knobby sea rod, but I'm pretty sure this is a Corky's finger gorg. You can go to "kp aquatics", go to corals and click on the gorgonians and check out pics and care for it. In the picture it looks like a letter J. I would wedge the long part into a crevice or glue it standing up. They like good flow and lighting. It's a pretty easy gorg to care for.

Edit: the Corky's finger is the most noxious gorgonian, as it can release some nasty toxins. I have several different gorgonians (and a large Corky's) and leathers among several other types of corals in my reef tank and run carbon 24/7 and have no problems with warfare. You just have to give them their own space to grow.

Last edited:

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 100 75.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.4%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back