Gorgonian Polyps Closed

Twink_w_a_Reef

Just a twink and his reef
View Badges
Joined
Jun 17, 2019
Messages
2,390
Reaction score
5,756
Location
ATL BAYBAYYY
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this gorgonian five days ago, and all of a sudden I see some polyps extended on one small branch but not the others... what’s going on?
E086F4A7-5368-440B-81C0-03B182D2963C.jpeg
 
I already have flow on it, so much the coral is swaying a bit. Does it need more?
 
I got this gorgonian five days ago, and all of a sudden I see some polyps extended on one small branch but not the others... what’s going on?
More flow is a good suggestion, but more info is definitely needed to really help. They are filter feeders and prefer a "dirty" tank as well as a good deal of flow. Not direct, but a lot of random flow passing by them. List all of your water params and we will be able to better help you.
 
My purple candelabra gorg closes up from time to time. It’s normal, especially being added to a new tank. Just make sure no algae starts to build up on it. If it does, use a soft bristle tooth brush to clean it off
 
More flow is a good suggestion, but more info is definitely needed to really help. They are filter feeders and prefer a "dirty" tank as well as a good deal of flow. Not direct, but a lot of random flow passing by them. List all of your water params and we will be able to better help you.
I can’t test it, I don’t have the tester. I’m planning to get the ones but hannah though... I know I should test but I’m an unemployed fifteen year old so getting a decent one is difficult.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new