Got me a few new tangs coming this week. :)

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I will have some vids by tonight! :D

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a question is that fish in yoru avitar yours Rev, its the Rymolds (sorry for the miss spelling of its name)

SaraB

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big of a tank would you guys recommend for an Achilles?

I've seen large Achilles in 210's that are 6 foot in length and they were not very happy and paced back an forth from end to end. I personally think an 8 foot tank is the optimal length for the Achilles. I just took down my 268G display and made sure my Achilles went to someone with 8' of swimming room.

Last edited:

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rev, congrats on the new fishes! when I have to part with my sohal due to his size, I plan to try the achilles. they are AWESOME looking fish.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Literally my Achilles is about 3" and by the time he gets big enough I will have my 8ft in wall. :D

aalvarado87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perfect ... some people forget they actually grow quite large! ;)
how large do they actually get what is the biggest someone has seen in captivity. I would love to have one but their is no way i will have an 8 foot tank anytime soon and also arent these guys on the upwards of the price scale like 180 or something?

SaraB

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how large do they actually get what is the biggest someone has seen in captivity. I would love to have one but their is no way i will have an 8 foot tank anytime soon and also arent these guys on the upwards of the price scale like 180 or something?

My friend had a 8" Achilles in her 210 it was very unhappy. I've also seen some nice adult sized ones at various public Aquariums around the US as well.

An adult show sized Achilles can run you about $275 and up and the small ones start around $175 and up.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Update: Tangs are doing great! I know it is still early but not a sign of a single spot. They continue to swim in the open all over the tank and even with my hands in there. Actually the Achilles already swims right around my hand. They just ate some nori and pellets and continue to eat off the LR. I wonder if when they were stuck in that bag that had a heart to heart about getting along and staying healthy since they were so close to death! HA!

soccerbag

Chalices did this to me!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good news Rev. I got a PB Tang from My LFS a couple of weeks ago and he is showing signs of ich....ugh! I would love to try an Achilles down the road but would be scared to try both in the same tank. Like you said though, the Achilles is a juvenile so hopefully that will help in the short and long term. Can't wait to see the vids.....

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
HAHA! I forgot that we had a Thursday night service yesterday when I posted this. When I got home I was BEAT! I will get something...:D

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 14 23.7%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back