Got me a few new tangs coming this week. :)

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Literally within 5 minutes of putting them in the tank the Achilles starting eating off the rocks. They both are swimming out in the front with the other tangs like they knew each other all along. :D WOO HOO!

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would get some garlec in that tang and just watch him closly he gets a litle aggressive.

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Literally within 5 minutes of putting them in the tank the Achilles starting eating off the rocks. They both are swimming out in the front with the other tangs like they knew each other all along. :D WOO HOO!

Hey, great news Rev. Glad things worked out with the other two tangs. Congrats :)

aalvarado87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
picture please i love achilles tangs wish i could have but to factors in there price and tank size my little 100 gallon tank is just not fair to have a fish that size. Where did you get it from? I am assuming you ordered it correct? Man I am jealous good luck with the fish I hope everything works out.

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Uselesswithoutpics.jpg

VelasCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't wait to see pics of your Achilles. That is my #1 favorite fish. Can't wait to get a tank big enough.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well fed the tank some brine and Rod's food tonight and they both were eating like a champ! :D

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats great Rev. Thats always a good sign in my opinion. If they are eating, they are doing well. I'm very happy that those fish made it. Shipping has to be stressful, nevertheless them being delayed in the winter time.

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well fed the tank some brine and Rod's food tonight and they both were eating like a champ! :D
WOW WOW WOW ! ! !

awesome news Rev. hope you enjoy those two tangs for a long long while. I love both of them but am a scare'dy cat to try 'em.

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well them eating like little piggies s good, did you contact la yet about the other yet?

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate to say it rev but the 4 week mark seams the hardest.... That's when the aggression kicks in and the achillies will get stressed and ich.... Butter him up man I got my fingers crossed mine lasted 4 weeks all 3 times I tried one...:(

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate to say it rev but the 4 week mark seams the hardest.... That's when the aggression kicks in and the achillies will get stressed and ich.... Butter him up man I got my fingers crossed mine lasted 4 weeks all 3 times I tried one...:(

Yea they truely are a amazing fish, its also weird it is four weeks all the time i guess its when he finally gets settled in it kicks in.

benny z

coral care giver
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

same here - have tried 3... lost all 3 in the 4th week. :(

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I had my achilles, he was great for a few weeks, and like Troy said, thats when I started noticing ich. I tried everything but I couldn't get it to subside. He would go in and out of it, but I ended up giving him to somebody with a bigger tank for the health of the fish and he's doing great now.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well mine is going to do awesome! LOL!

A couple things I think I have going for me right now.

1. The Achilles is considered juvenile.
2. I opened up my rock work before they came. I took out half of my rock. My fish are swimming around like crazy.
3. My flow is jacked up in there with (4) Vortechs and that open space.

The Achilles is swimming like I have seen them swim on youtube vids, in the current, and whipping around the tank like he is happy. BTW This is my 4th try. My second in this tank. I lost the last one on the 4th week mark as well. BUT non have ever acted like this one and ate like this one from the start. :D

Help me Jesus!!! :D

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, sounds like you are off to a great start Rev. Hopefully this guy works out for you.

iani

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is hope still, I've had an Achilles for about 2 years now. Glad you opened up the rock work and cranked up the flow.

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big of a tank would you guys recommend for an Achilles?

They need a very big tank and are pron to issues such as ick i would say nothing less then a 4.5-5 foot tank with lots os swimming room and room to pick at the rock. That would equal roughly a 180+ gallon tank

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 65 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 36 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.6%
Back