0   0   0
Let's hope it's not dead in a week

20220522_175246.jpg

Alexraptor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good plan. Euphyllias can actually extend much further than people think, when sensing nearby competition. I've seen my wall hammer extend its tentacles double, sometimes triple its normal length! :eek:

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a green slimer just above my duncan.

I have seen the duncan stretch about 6 inches to sting the slimer(about 3 times longer then what it's tentacles normally are). The slimer has taken on a weird growth shape because of it(almost like a tabling acro).

SamMule

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I second that... This dang green torch is a nuisance. Seen sweepers well over a foot out of it. Even isolated way back behind and below all of my acros, it still stings the crap out of everything.
KIMG1189.JPG

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In addition to the advice you have received. It appears to me that the colony you bought has a few branches that have not seen allot of light and seem to me that they are degrading a bit and in the middle of the acro Itss turning white. These are all bad signs on that size acro. I'm not saying it's going to die but it means it needs allot of tlc and time to heal but it already looks brittle. Hopefully it's just the Pic. If I were you. I would take a frag off one of the good branches and start that frag in a good spot away from danger. It will color up much faster and be healthier than the big colony.

OP
OP
PeterEde

PeterEde

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In addition to the advice you have received. It appears to me that the colony you bought has a few branches that have not seen allot of light and seem to me that they are degrading a bit and in the middle of the acro Itss turning white. These are all bad signs on that size acro. I'm not saying it's going to die but it means it needs allot of tlc and time to heal but it already looks brittle. Hopefully it's just the Pic. If I were you. I would take a frag off one of the good branches and start that frag in a good spot away from danger. It will color up much faster and be healthier than the big colony.
Thanks for that.
the frag has a lot of colour but for one small area. I think what you might be seeing as lacking colour is caused by my light. I will take one under pure white today and post.
Appreciate your help

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 71 53.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 50.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 30 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%

Back