Got my Radion G2

Jonreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So came in and hung it up. I am kinda up in the air about it. Compared to my T5 fixture the corals do not pop anywhere near as nice and bright under the radion. Granted haven't hooked up to PC yet to customize but it's running in basic 20k mode. Also it color bands on the sand just as much as the cheap Chinese fixture I had did. I hope the 120 degree lenses coming tomorrow blend it better and I hope once I hook up a PC and customize the color it makes me feel it was worth the $450 I just spent.

OP
OP
J

Jonreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am frustrated with this unit already. I had my program in but before bed I noticed the intensity was little to bright for the moonlights at 1030. Went in to dim them some and now the fixture won't run off any program. It just goes into this blue mode that the lights are so dim barely puts out any light and won't run the program. I tried the factory reset using pre made programs and nothing. This ecosmart live software is f'n junk. Half time it times out on me and why do I need to use a internet application when I am hard wired into the unit. Pretty unhappy now I spent 500 for a light that doesn't do anything now

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I am frustrated with this unit already. I had my program in but before bed I noticed the intensity was little to bright for the moonlights at 1030. Went in to dim them some and now the fixture won't run off any program. It just goes into this blue mode that the lights are so dim barely puts out any light and won't run the program. I tried the factory reset using pre made programs and nothing. This ecosmart live software is f'n junk. Half time it times out on me and why do I need to use a internet application when I am hard wired into the unit. Pretty unhappy now I spent 500 for a light that doesn't do anything now

One of the steps I do that seems to help before I do anything to my schedule is to make sure the connection manager is off before logging into ESL.
Then I log into ESL and then start the connection manager.
Most problems with ESL is user error.

OP
OP
J

Jonreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well it was working today. My unit had a yellow light. I reset to factory again and was able to program it. Now it has a blue indicator light

OP
OP
J

Jonreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am keeping SPS, LPS, zoa/paly
i got my wide angle lenses in today and swapped them out. Looks soo much nicer and much better coverage and alot less shadows. reminds me alot more of a MH light

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I am keeping SPS, LPS, zoa/paly
i got my wide angle lenses in today and swapped them out. Looks soo much nicer and much better coverage and alot less shadows. reminds me alot more of a MH light

That's good news.
Glad it's working for you.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 21.1%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 165 72.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 4.8%
Back