Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok,
Python ready and firing.

0708171521.jpg

Shots of bare bottom floor after water change with the Python sucking out the remaining detritus.

0708171533.jpg

0708171533a.jpg

0708171533c.jpg

0708171533d.jpg

0708171533e.jpg

0708171534.jpg

0708171535.jpg

0708171535b.jpg

Python done vacuuming the floor but still pulling out water.

0708171536.jpg

And refilling after the water change with 3 - 5 gallon jugs of fresh salt water.

0708171539.jpg

Regards, GoVols

Python is the only way to go[emoji599]

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bare bottom and python made my life unreal. I run 2 mp10 and one mp40 without any sand storm and water change is a breeze....:D
Stripy is enjoying new home...

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bare bottom and python made my life unreal. I run 2 mp10 and one mp40 without any sand storm and water change is a breeze....:D
Stripy is enjoying new home...
It's like he's been in the tank for two years. Already swims to glass when somebody walks by.

They have the neatest personalities. :)

Thanks for asking about the little guy.

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How have the Berghia Nudibranchs been doing???

@MrMichael @Maritimer @prsnlty @jsker and anyone else that's been tagging along.

First off the only two things that have been changed was lowering the tank from 80 to 78 degrees and not running the Gyre at night.
If you can't remember, then the first shots are on post #44. I did not take many shots of the rock in between the back glass. Could not get the cell phone to focus :confused: that day but there were a lot of aiptasia growing on the back of the rock scape too.

Next post are shots that were taken today.
Mixed in are shots of area's that the Berghia Nudibranchs totally wiped out, working on and have not worked their way the aiptasia.

Any feedback of what you guys can tell, one way or the other would be nice.

Shot taken today for a reference point to the next post and (lol) the Stripey is awesome and doing good. :)

0709171435_HDR.jpg

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How have the Berghia Nudibranchs been doing???

@MrMichael @Maritimer @prsnlty @jsker and anyone else that's been tagging along.

First off the only two things that have been changed was lowering the tank from 80 to 78 degrees and not running the Gyre at night.
If you can't remember, then the first shots are on post #44. I did not take many shots of the rock in between the back glass. Could not get the cell phone to focus :confused: that day but there were a lot of aiptasia growing on the back of the rock scape too.

Next post are shots that were taken today.
Mixed in are shots of area's that the Berghia Nudibranchs totally wiped out, working on and have not worked their way the aiptasia.

Any feed back of what you guys can tell, one way or the other would be nice.

Shot taken today for a reference point to the next post and (lol) the Stripey is awesome and doing good. :)

0709171435_HDR.jpg
I'm mad u didn't tag me or even read my build thread
u like everything I write on this fourm
but don't like me

I'm a GoCry now because GoVols doesn't like me.

And I think the nudis are doing there job have u found any of them in ur sump? Or that have not made it?

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
but don't like me

And I think the nudis are doing there job have u found any of them in ur sump? Or that have not made it?
@justingraham
you've just been tagged and "I Love You"!!!!!!!
Have not made it to your build.
(lol) You will know when I get their!!!!!!!! "Like, Like, Like". :)

I have not caught any of them in the sump's filter sock and I have not seen a single one after the first evening.
They work at night and I have not shot a flashlight to try to see them.

It looks like they come in from the tunnels of the live rock. Start eating the stems. The pest anemones start sinking into the live rock hole and they eat the petal disk last. They have been eating the ones on the flat areas (with no holes) too.

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks to me like they're chewin' em up pretty good!

They'll breed as they go, which will allow them to devour every single Aiptasia ... and then they'll have nothing left to eat. (Usually, anyway . . . )

~Bruce

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@justingraham
you've just been tagged and "I Love You"!!!!!!!
Have not made it to your build.
(lol) You will know when I get their!!!!!!!! "Like, Like, Like". :)

I have not caught any of them in the sump's filter sock and I have not seen a single one after the first evening.
They work at night and I have not shot a flashlight to try to see them.

It looks like they come in from the tunnels of the live rock. Start eating the stems. The pest anemones start sinking into the live rock hole and they eat the petal disk last. They have been eating the ones on the flat areas (with no holes) too.
Then I think ur in the clear buddy congrats I hate aptasia I found one the other day no idea how it got in my tank but Man U would have thought I lost a leg I was so mad that and I somehow had some hydroids
I ran to the store got some aptasia x and some putty sprayed and prayed then covered with putty I hope that's the last I see of them as hydroids look like there isn't an easy way to kill

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Then I think ur in the clear buddy congrats I hate aptasia

Not out of the woods but looking up. :)

Will post updates and ;Writing it down as we go, until we can make a final conclusion for guiding others.

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks to me like they're chewin' em up pretty good!

They'll breed as they go, which will allow them to devour every single Aiptasia ... and then they'll have nothing left to eat. (Usually, anyway . . . )

~Bruce
Hope is... "Alive"!!!! :D

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your coral colors look great. Better than great really.
Thank You!!!

Magic... ABC+ powder with "Colors" C & D... while dosing Reef Enegry... MoJo ;Singing

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see of them as hydroids look like there isn't an easy way to kill

I got digitate hydroids from a frag, but thankfully fish fenbendazole took them out with no other losses. Main thread, secondary thread. I came across a post yesterday where someone use dog dewormer (probably the old source for fenbendazole) and stated he crashed his tank while trying to kill blue star polyps. I tired to find his post, but no luck.

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
but don't like me

;Sorry;Sorry;Sorry;Sorry;Hilarious

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Freddie
That tank is spotless:)

I have thought about turning down the gyer's at night also.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got digitate hydroids from a frag, but thankfully fish fenbendazole took them out with no other losses. Main thread, secondary thread. I came across a post yesterday where someone use dog dewormer (probably the old source for fenbendazole) and stated he crashed his tank while trying to kill blue star polyps. I tired to find his post, but no luck.
I was readin one thread by twillard but he couldn't give a difinite answer on if my sps will be ok and I would also have to take out my snails

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was readin one thread by twillard but he couldn't give a difinite answer on if my sps will be ok and I would also have to take out my snails
Throwing any medicine in is scary, and people initially started with dog dewormer to get the active ingredient, but it also included other ingredients, then moved over to the pure version when supply was available. Snail deaths *seemed* to be related to the dog version with the other ingredients, but not enough samples to say definitively. I went with lower dose, SPS and all my snails made it, but I feel fortunate. And I'm grateful I don't have to try it again. I was sort of freaking out for a week.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 75 40.8%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 93 50.5%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 6 3.3%
Back