OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats why I was asking, thought alktronic uses tritration, assuming from the remarks its ph

Yes,
The Alkatronic does use tritraion, and it slows down the tritrion when it gets close to the final reading.

The Trident and Hanna checker looks for a color change like other test kits, but the Alkatronic uses a ph probe to find the end point.

I think weather it's color or ph probe, all alk kits use acid based reagents to come to the same conclusion.

Pretty sure that the GHL KH Director and the KH Guardian uses a ph probe too.

Got another ph probe inside the cal reactor that reports to Apex Fusion.

Last edited:

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes,
The Alkatronic does use tritraion, and it slows down the tritrion when it's get close to the final reading.

The Trident and Hanna checker looks for a color change like other test kis, but the Alkaronic uses a ph probe to find the end point.

I think weather it's color or ph probe, all alk kits use acid based reagents to come to the same conclusion.

The GHL does use a pH probe.

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jan,

lol
Kinda like...:rolleyes: ... o_O

Lost... :confused: me on that post??

:)

Oops, I was just referring to all the means we have now available to automatize our reefs.
In Dutch we have a saying and I made an exact translation of those words to just say that.... #inventingsayings #copypaste

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes,
The Alkatronic does use tritraion, and it slows down the tritrion when it gets close to the final reading.
The Trident and Hanna checker looks for a color change like other test kits, but the Alkatronic uses a ph probe to find the end point.

So this means that the Trident does not need periodical calibrations?
pH probes do need this, but the frequency is more or less depending on several factors I guess.
I too am a GHL follower and did not look into the Apex stuff.

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this means that the Trident does not need periodical calibrations?
pH probes do need this, but the frequency is more or less depending on several factors I guess.
I too am a GHL follower and did not look into the Apex stuff.

I think you use a calibration fluid for Trident, and send it back to Neptune once a year (or so) for service, or they might send the user new parts.

Neptune is going to make a ton of money from selling reagents.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you use a calibration fluid for Trident, and send it back to Neptune once a year (or so) for service, or they might send the user new parts.

Neptune is going to make a ton of money from selling reagents.
This is what I've heard. Send it to them every 12 to 18 months for service that is expected to cost around $150. Or, they should be a DYI option for under $100. What gets confusing is that they may make it an exchange program where they send you one they finished the maintenance on for the one you send in. I don't know what they do if the replacement breaks. I've never seen anything like this where you purchase and don't lease the equipment.

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well,
I'm at work.. :(, but you can see that the Alkatronic just switched the Co2 regulator back on.

Capture.PNG

:)

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what I've heard. Send it to them every 12 to 18 months for service that is expected to cost around $150. Or, they should be a DYI option for under $100. What gets confusing is that they may make it an exchange program where they send you one they finished the maintenance on for the one you send in. I don't know what they do if the replacement breaks. I've never seen anything like this where you purchase and don't lease the equipment.

lol,
It's crazy, what's a user going to do when they send a unit back in for service?

I wonder what that time frame would be to get it back home... :)

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol,
It's crazy, what's a user going to do when they send a unit back in for service?

I wonder what that time frame would be to get it back home... :)
That is why they are looking at an exchange. Best case would be a week without it. It wouldn't be so bad if they send you a loaner that you ship back when yours is ready. I do not like the idea that I have seen about them sending you one that you keep, they calibrate yours and send it to the next one in line. But.. it doesn't matter what I think, I'm not in the market for one. I'm happy with my GHL.

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is why they are looking at an exchange. Best case would be a week without it. It wouldn't be so bad if they send you a loaner that you ship back when yours is ready. I do not like the idea that I have seen about them sending you one that you keep, they calibrate yours and send it to the next one in line. But.. it doesn't matter what I think, I'm not in the market for one. I'm happy with my GHL.

Wow, I was not aware about this Neptue exchange program.
I would gladly calibrate my pH probe on monthly basis compared with this.

PanchoG

The Force will be with you. Always.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great pics freddie !!!

Don't ever let that hammer die. Get a good trustworthy friend to hold a frag of it for you. It looks more yellow than green in these pics so it's a gem :)

+1 , Freddie you are the guru for the walled hammers ;)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 50 42.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 21.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 41 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back