GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great review, Freddie... ;Hilarious

Was there any intermediate calibration needed on the Alkatronic to keep the measurements stable?

Nope,
We have not re-calibrated any part of the Alkatronic since we followed, and finished up all of the first month's procedures.

So far this thing has been... rock solid.

Next move is to buy one more PM1 module / BNC cable, so I can see the alk readings in Apex Fusion.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the condolences for our clownfish. She is and will be missed. At this point all other fish and the S-400 is doing great.

Finally flipped "Vader" upright and there's hope in saving that coral. It is pale, but looks like it will pull thru.

The Alkatronic has been humming along and just letting it do it's thing. Tested alk with Salifert for the first time in ten days. That's counting two water changes too. The Alkatronic is still in tune to the Salifert... :)

We cut the testing back to 4 times a day, but if the Alka-T goes into "Action Mode" it will test every two hours until the alk is back inline. Blue dots mean Action Mode and Co2 regulator is turned off.

Two graphs from the last few days.
MVIMG_20190608_184312.jpg

MVIMG_20190608_184247.jpg

Well,
I promised @Rakie that I would show some downsides of (Focustronic) Alkatronic.

The below link pretty much speaks for itself.

https://focustronic.club/topic/50/where-is-focustronic-s-support-for-this-forum

:D

Disturbing about the customer service or lack thereof!

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Disturbing about the customer service or lack thereof!

Was thinking the exact same thing.

Freddie if I ever go SPS, this puppy is on the List!

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update:

Missing fish:
1) Blue Streak Wrasse / Carpet Dove... :(
2) Tiny Caribbean Cow / Was getting stuck in Gyre when we cranked up the flow for the Achilles tang. Took him back to the Aquatic Critter.

Have been blind dosing the Red Sea colors, 2ml of each, five days a week over the last month.
Reef looks good and will stay the coarse.

Ran out of the DD Pro Mag salt mix. Marine Depot was running a 10% off Father's sale and saw that I had over $100 in MD points.
So tossed in the PM1 module and 6 foot long aquabus cable into the cart with the salt mix.

And picked up this BNC cable from Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078SNS7C6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hope to get the Alka-T's readings to Apex Fusion over the weekend.

#reefsquad
The S-Series huge coast to coast overflow is covered in aiptasia.... ;Wideyed
Torn between Algae Barn's peppermint shrimp or to bring Ryan's nudi's back in. There are two 5oogph re-circ. pumps in there.

Would ya'll try the peppermint first, inside the overflow?
Never tried peppermints, but we can keep those contained.

Thanks, Freddie

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried peppermint and they did take care of them. 3 in a 32 Biocube. Then I was stuck with the peppermint because I couldn't catch them without pulling everything out. I think the last one finally died or it is hiding really good. Not sure what I hated more, the peppermint or the aptasia. :D

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried peppermint and they did take care of them. 3 in a 32 Biocube. Then I was stuck with the peppermint because I couldn't catch them without pulling everything out. I think the last one finally died or it is hiding really good. Not sure what I hated more, the peppermint or the aptasia. :D
In the over flow would probably work, I noticed a few in mine but I can't figure out where they came from. Dry rock, live sand and no corals. I figured if they stay in there and don't move into my DT I will live and let live.

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

(lol)
Jay,
Thanks for the response.

I can keep the peppermints contained to the overflow and take them to my lfs when it's over.

Do you have faith in the right species of peppermints to take out aiptasia?

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This has been a hot topic lately.

I have berghias on the way once they grow to size, several others do as well. There were some crazy deals going on a few sites as well. Someone got 12 shipped for like 87 dollars :eek:

Sucks to lose fish, always, sorry bub -_-

Last edited:

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update:

Missing fish:
1) Blue Streak Wrasse / Carpet Dove... :(
2) Tiny Caribbean Cow / Was getting stuck in Gyre when we cranked up the flow for the Achilles tang. Took him back to the Aquatic Critter.

Have been blind dosing the Red Sea colors, 2ml of each, five days a week over the last month.
Reef looks good and will stay the coarse.

Ran out of the DD Pro Mag salt mix. Marine Depot was running a 10% off Father's sale and saw that I had over $100 in MD points.
So tossed in the PM1 module and 6 foot long aquabus cable into the cart with the salt mix.

And picked up this BNC cable from Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078SNS7C6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hope to get the Alka-T's readings to Apex Fusion over the weekend.

#reefsquad
Torn between Algae Barn's peppermint shrimp or to bring Ryan's nudi's back in. There are two 5oogph re-circ. pumps in there.

Thanks, Freddie

I’ve never had peppermints eat aiptasia. I e always been on the “miss” side of “hit or miss”!

I’ve tried Aiptasia X. The X stands for “multiplier”!

Finally got 24 nudibranchs and the tank was mowed down in a few weeks.

Fast forward 4 months and I saw 1 aiptasia.

I got a bottle of F Aiptasia and must say it may very well be the best product out there for aiptasia.

FWIW

Mike

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GoVols: Post of the day...

@Fudsey

Kieth,
Can you click the above blue arrow in the bubble quote?

That's an old post. I'd like to do manual, but the re-circ pump strainers would drop the (display's) water line too low.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update:

#reefsquad

Thanks, Freddie
Well I can tell you what I did Freddie, and I’m not necessary recommending it but anyway, I got my tank scraper and scraped them all off, and they got sucked down the downpipe into the filter socks.

Now I know what you all may be thinking, that would spread them around the tank, but in my case it didn’t and I would do exactly the same again, next time I look in the back of the tank in a ‘few years’! Was a bit funky so I don’t look! Lol

And if you can get some true peppermints as well, probably 2-3 and they hopefully will keep them under control. I just use Aiptasia X these days

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks so much for the Berghia article Freddie. What a sigh of relief and a wealth of information in your write up.

And Thanks for giving me the confidence boost I needed. I'm expecting my Secret Ap Task force to arrive within 2 weeks or so.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 88 80.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.5%
Back