Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I adjusted the image, looks ok! ;)

DSC_0004 by sshipuk, on Flickr

Lol, Simon

You can post that thang!!.... :rolleyes:, over here, anytime...

lHjuPiG.jpg

:)

Last edited:

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, Janci

It's like keeping an diary.

Yeah, I look back at my build thread as a reference all the time! Which is really why I keep the link in my signature.

:)

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice pic's. I started the ABC+ this week and I'm curious, Do you dose daily and how much are you up to ml daily.
thanks

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice pic's. I started the ABC+ this week and I'm curious, Do you dose daily and how much are you up to ml daily.
thanks
siggy,
Used the ABC+ powder with Colors C & D for one year and it was an winning combo.
The ABC+ powder already has Colors A & B in that product.

You dose 1ml of Colors C & D to every / 13.3 grams of the ABC+ powder.

I started off dosing a couple of times a week and over time figured out the daily dose.
I was dosing about 20 grams a day, but moved over to an calcium reactor last October.

You need to test all your big-3 a lot with the ABC+ powder to make sure that your alk and mag are staying in balance with your cal.

I used Seachem "Reef Builder" and Seachem "Reef Advantage mag crystals" (In the 4kg buckets) to bump up those parameters when needed.

It's an great product, when used correctly.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
siggy,
Used the ABC+ powder with Colors C & D for one year and it was an winning combo.
The ABC+ powder already has Colors A & B in that product.

You dose 1ml of Colors C & D to every / 13.3 grams of the ABC+ powder.

I started off dosing a couple of times a week and over time figured out the daily dose.
I was dosing about 20 grams a day, but moved over to an calcium reactor last October.

You need to test all your big-3 a lot with the ABC+ powder to make sure that your alk and mag are staying in balance with your cal.

I used Seachem "Reef Builder" and Seachem "Reef Advantage mag crystals" (In the 4kg buckets) to bump up those parameters when needed.

It's an great product, when used correctly.

I’ve been thinking about this Freddie/Siggy as I used to dose it when I first started out, but I did it weekly. I was (or still am lol!) an example of one of their target markets. Throw some in once a week, and then check the balance once a month! Not ideal, if your a coral, but survivable...

I think the original idea was that if you just add it weekly, you can manage a reef tank very easily, to a degree, and therefore it’s ideal for most people who Red Sea can sell fish tanks to and create a living reef.

You can of course dose it daily, but if your going to dose it daily, then I would think you may as well just dose the separate elements, ideally with an auto doser, and then it’s just so simple and everything stays stable and in perfect balance. With the ABC+ you’ve got to check it anyway or it will go out of balance and then you have to use the individual elements anyway. So.....

It’s very good and also super easy to use, especially once a week, but I found corals prefer stable conditions, rather than up and downs, which is what happens of course with the weekly dose until you do the next one.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s very good and also super easy to use, especially once a week, but I found corals prefer stable conditions, rather than up and downs, which is what happens of course with the weekly dose until you do the next one.
I was actualy going to use 5 grams every other day for a week and see were that takes me, and do this for a month. I am using the red bucket with a few WC's left and will see what the corals have to say. I am ready to start triton but needed to manually dose and came across this bucket and Govols thread

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was actualy going to use 5 grams every other day for a week and see were that takes me, and do this for a month. I am using the red bucket with a few WC's left and will see what the corals have to say. I am ready to start triton but needed to manually dose and came across this bucket and Govols thread
siggy,
Just make sure that 5 grams is the right call, by testing your calcium levels.

It's an good conversation, with many ways to skin a cat... :)

If I could have automated the ABC+ I would have stayed with that product. Talked to Kevin Davies and he said that the Red Sea labs had already tired to automate it, but could not pull it off in an safe and reliable manner.

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, Guys

The Rainbow BTA did not make it, from the Frontline Plus.
Clown fish was freaked out :eek: and she slept in that bta for three years :(

Other than losing the three nems. the S-400 is doing good.

For the first time ever, I placed an order with WWC's / on two XL frags.
We'll see how good their coral's, truly are.

Pretty bummed out ;Blackeye about losing the Sherman and Rainbow, but moving on.

Freddie

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry Freddie

:(:(

Sorry to hear that Freddie. I hate losing anything [emoji20]

So sorry to hear about the nems Freddie.

Real curious what caught your eye at WWC and what XL means to them.

Yeah,
It's an bummer and the clown is hovering over the bta's spot right now. It's got Angelia tore up, but it will adjust.
Might try another bta down the line.
Thanks for understanding.

Micheal,
(lol)
XL to WWC is like 1.5 - 2" and their sure pricey!!

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, Guys

The Rainbow BTA did not make it, from the Frontline Plus.
Clown fish was freaked out :eek: and she slept in that bta for three years :(

Other than losing the three nems. the S-400 is doing good.

For the first time ever, I placed an order with WWC's / on two XL frags.
We'll see how good their coral's, truly are.

Pretty bummed out ;Blackeye about losing the Sherman and Rainbow, but moving on.

Freddie
Sorry to hear about the BTA's, Freddie.
I hope to see the WWC frags soon.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back