!!!GRAB-BA-BA-BAGGIE BATTLEBOXES!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

mwilk19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is off topic but I had two packages get lost from BRS over the last 2 weeks and they shipped on different days.
I ordered 2 T5 tubes from BRS on the 1st. They were to be delivered on the 6th. I checked my UPS tracking Wednesday afternoon and saw that there was a delivery disruption due to the fact that the shipping tube was empty. UPS was supposed to contact BRS. I contacted BRS to let them know but have not heard beck from them. BTW, FedEx isn't any better.

Husker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ouch!

At least you have a good reason you lost yours. I lost my first 2 battleboxes due to my own incompetence. Going for number 3 here in another month or two now that I understand the issues I had.

I would say this was largely incompetence, too. It was bad Apex programming to shut off my ATO.

Nburg's Reef

High-Rise Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Super happy with my box. Give pretty long description of what kinds of coral I had, what I didn't have and some examples of things that would be cool. When they came in, some retained color well and some had browned out, as expected, but 2 weeks later, and they are starting to get some awesome color already and several have almost encrusted the glue. The Aussie Echinata came in kind of beat up, it fell out of the little protective cup and some of the coralites were mushed... but 2 weeks later and it looks like it is doing better than all of them! 'Sniper's Blue something or other' came out as rich and colorful as can be and I swear had full PE right when I placed it in my tank.

I can't wait to see these things grow!

From top left to right, then bottom left to right:
Sniper's blue
deep blue tenuis
blueberry Nasuta
Nilbog
grape juice (back corner)
bubblegum table
Aussie Echinata
Rainbow's army
PC Rainbow
20171209_135546.jpg

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good!

I sadly have lost the lion's share of my BC corals over the past few months from a couple different issues, but I am on the long road to recovery and that Sniper's is at the top of my list!

Husker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Super happy with my box. Give pretty long description of what kinds of coral I had, what I didn't have and some examples of things that would be cool. When they came in, some retained color well and some had browned out, as expected, but 2 weeks later, and they are starting to get some awesome color already and several have almost encrusted the glue. The Aussie Echinata came in kind of beat up, it fell out of the little protective cup and some of the coralites were mushed... but 2 weeks later and it looks like it is doing better than all of them! 'Sniper's Blue something or other' came out as rich and colorful as can be and I swear had full PE right when I placed it in my tank.

I can't wait to see these things grow!

From top left to right, then bottom left to right:
Sniper's blue
deep blue tenuis
blueberry Nasuta
Nilbog
grape juice (back corner)
bubblegum table
Aussie Echinata
Rainbow's army
PC Rainbow
20171209_135546.jpg

Looks good. My grape juice from BC grew to be one of my favorites. It developed several distinct colors in high light. Unfortunately lost it in the tank move.

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ill throw my name in the group of folks who have not had the best of luck with their BB. My Honeycomb and Grape Juice may make it but my yellow tips, forest fire digi and snipers blue :(!!! perished from too many changes at once an alk spike and a tank upgrade. #Feelsbadman.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Ill throw my name in the group of folks who have not had the best of luck with their BB. My Honeycomb and Grape Juice may make it but my yellow tips, forest fire digi and snipers blue :(!!! perished from too many changes at once an alk spike and a tank upgrade. #Feelsbadman.

Really sorry to hear this man, I can do better i promise. l'll be more than happy to send a few replacements for these next time. Please done hesitate to remind if/ when the time comes.

Glad to see the juice is looking good:)

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really sorry to hear this man, I can do better i promise. l'll be more than happy to send a few replacements for these next time. Please done hesitate to remind if/ when the time comes.

Glad to see the juice is looking good:)
That’s super awesome Adam! Their demise was all my fault though. They came in healthy as can be. I do look forward to ordering from you again soon!

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s super awesome Adam! Their demise was all my fault though. They came in healthy as can be. I do look forward to ordering from you again soon!
I'm in the same boat. Have lost majority of my BC corals after a bout with AEFW and janky QT conditions. But, what you've got left are looking quite fine, I'm jealous!

Braves Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have a Battle Box coming ,, I do have a few corals coming though :) ,, they will ship in a couple of weeks when my work schedule will allow me to be home to take delivery,,, a Battle box is in my future :)

I do have a question ,,, what is the proper way to acclimate the corals once they have gone into the tank ,, moving then up to higher lighting? I have gone through some of the pages in this post,,, looks like some start the frags out on the sand bed ,, others put them on a frag rack on the sides of the tank ,,, this second option is what I usely do ,,, how long should the process take to get the corals moved up to where they will be mounted to the live rock?

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are the corals I received from Adam this morning. Aqatic-man, Pink floyd, Dayglow Milli, soft rainbow, Aussie echinata and vivids rainbow delight. The echinata looks a little rough but I hope I can get it back look good.

Aquatic man.png

Pink Floyd.png

Dayglow Milli.png

Soft rainbow.png

DSC_0888.png

Vivids Rainbow delight.png

snakejacques

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a pretty sick line up get them growing good you'll have a nice group of acropora very nice

Nburg's Reef

High-Rise Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the same enchinata in November and mine looked rough also when it came in, but it was the quickest to rebound. now its looking really nice.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 66 51.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 52.3%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 32 25.0%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%
Back