green algae on sand

nickloeuf

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 17, 2016
Messages
60
Reaction score
12
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys

I wonder why there is green algae on my sand bed!?

There is a little growing on the back of my tank but it is mostly on my sand.. is there anything that can actually eat that? or any way to remove it?

here is a picture

green1.jpg
 
I've had this problem with a darker green algae. In my case, lowering the temp of the tank and a water change cleared it up. I also scooped it out with my hand a few times. If the sandbed isn't too deep, you could also stir it up a little if it looks dirty. Good luck!
 
It could be an algae or bacteria hard to say :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new