Green Killing Machine Mod

Syntax1235

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 24, 2016
Messages
1,150
Reaction score
757
Location
Maine, USA
What state or country do you live in
Maine
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen some some threads where the impeller shaft rusts, and I think I may have a mod that could work.

I was thinking of removing the pump and hooking up some tubing to a manifold connected to where the pump resides. This would reverse the flow through the unit and eliminate the pump.

Any thoughts?
 
Here’s what I came up with: I took the exit tube that connecs to the pipe and put it into the wider tube that connects to the unit, the parts fit together snugly. I then connected a manifold port to the tube using hot water to make the plastic flex tube more pliable. It works like a charm!
91E2005D-1A7A-47AC-81C3-E10F20AB4F23.jpeg
74A3FEB4-17F5-4FAD-A750-F49686FF6233.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new