Green tip anenome

sharky79

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I fed my anenome half piece raw peeled thawed shrimp for first time and now he looks a little sick. I've been reading this is perfectly fine to feed him but looks sick now. Any recommendations?

I've tested my water and salinity and all in good ranges.

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have you had it ?
How old is your tank ?

OP
OP
sharky79

sharky79

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you grab a pic of it
Tough right now, its hiding in back of tank....gf sent me a pic but hard to see exactly what's going on. But you can see the color. This picture is an overhead picture
20190609_131316.jpeg

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would stop feeding it and let it acclimate to your tank. You have proper lighting ?

OP
OP
sharky79

sharky79

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would stop feeding it and let it acclimate to your tank. You have proper lighting ?
I'm running an aqueon opti bright, loves the bright lighting portion, I didn't notice any changes before I left for work this morning, but gf noticed him to be an off.color. we have had no issues with the anenome since we have had him. If anything, he looks better then when we bought from lfs. He moved to a cup shaped spot in our reef and stayed there for over a week. He is now moving around the tank and the last 2 days is hiding behind the reef, in back of tank, however he stretches out to get the light. When my gf showed this pic I saw the ugly green tentacles and never seen it look like that before. Figured I would at least ask if anything was wrong bc I fed it a shrimp.

GatorGuys

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Give it time... it's just digesting after that massive meal you gave it! Once it's done with the shrimp, it will come back out and inflate again. My anemone will shrivel up after a big meal too! It's natural.

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They normally cup up around the mouth when they eat something. That 1/2 piece seems a bit big for that small a nem. Give it a day and see if it pukes it back out or decides it can digest it. My nem is about 8" round and it gets fed 1ea whole mysis shrimp, nothing bigger. It takes it about 20 to 30 min to take it in and spread back out again.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 5.9%
Back