Greetings from a new member

ScubaScott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently moved back to south Florida after 20 years in Connecticut. I previously had a 180 gallon fish-only tank stocked with local reef species that I collected myself. When my company moved me up north in 1999, I decided that trying to move that aquarium 1400 miles and set it up in a cold climate was too much, on top of everything else involved in moving your family to a new state.

Well, I'm back in south Florida and setting up a 170 gallon system. Right now it is intended to be local fish only, but I am selecting all my equipment to be reef-capable and I may eventually tailor my fish species to enable growing corals.

So I am actively educating myself on the many wonderful changes in technology and marvelling at the access to information that the internet has brought to this hobby.

I found this forum searching for discussions about differences in readings between water test kits, and after touring the forums a bit, wanted to join.

So hello, all! Thanks for letting me in!

Scott Sendlein
Boca Raton, Florida

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently moved back to south Florida after 20 years in Connecticut. I previously had a 180 gallon fish-only tank stocked with local reef species that I collected myself. When my company moved me up north in 1999, I decided that trying to move that aquarium 1400 miles and set it up in a cold climate was too much, on top of everything else involved in moving your family to a new state.

Well, I'm back in south Florida and setting up a 170 gallon system. Right now it is intended to be local fish only, but I am selecting all my equipment to be reef-capable and I may eventually tailor my fish species to enable growing corals.

So I am actively educating myself on the many wonderful changes in technology and marvelling at the access to information that the internet has brought to this hobby.

I found this forum searching for discussions about differences in readings between water test kits, and after touring the forums a bit, wanted to join.

So hello, all! Thanks for letting me in!

Scott Sendlein
Boca Raton, Florida
Welcome to R2R
Welcome to R2R.JPG

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 24.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 50 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 29.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.7%
Back