13   0   0
welcome50.jpg

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently moved back to south Florida after 20 years in Connecticut. I previously had a 180 gallon fish-only tank stocked with local reef species that I collected myself. When my company moved me up north in 1999, I decided that trying to move that aquarium 1400 miles and set it up in a cold climate was too much, on top of everything else involved in moving your family to a new state.

Well, I'm back in south Florida and setting up a 170 gallon system. Right now it is intended to be local fish only, but I am selecting all my equipment to be reef-capable and I may eventually tailor my fish species to enable growing corals.

So I am actively educating myself on the many wonderful changes in technology and marvelling at the access to information that the internet has brought to this hobby.

I found this forum searching for discussions about differences in readings between water test kits, and after touring the forums a bit, wanted to join.

So hello, all! Thanks for letting me in!

Scott Sendlein
Boca Raton, Florida

Hi Scott and Welcome! Glad you joined. Lots of good local clubs in Florida. FOWLR gives you an opportunity for so many different fish than can safely be in reef setup - keep us posted.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. Like you, I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 37 82.2%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.4%
Back