Greetings from Tampa, FL

CallMeChris

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 19, 2023
Messages
198
Reaction score
237
Location
Tampa
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings!

I am moving into a new home in a few months and would like to start my first Salt Water aquarium after I get settled in. I’ve had some fresh water tanks in the past, and have long since wanted a salt water tank.

Not entirely sure of location and size of tank yet, keeping my options open :) My wife is interested in a Macro Algae tank, so may have two tanks (his and hers) one on either side of the TV.
That said, been thinking about a small FOWLR in my office to start and go from there.
Will probably be mostly lurking for the next few months while our move in date approaches.
Be seeing you in all the reef places,
—Chris
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 
Greetings!

I am moving into a new home in a few months and would like to start my first Salt Water aquarium after I get settled in. I’ve had some fresh water tanks in the past, and have long since wanted a salt water tank.

Not entirely sure of location and size of tank yet, keeping my options open :) My wife is interested in a Macro Algae tank, so may have two tanks (his and hers) one on either side of the TV.
That said, been thinking about a small FOWLR in my office to start and go from there.
Will probably be mostly lurking for the next few months while our move in date approaches.
Be seeing you in all the reef places,
—Chris
Hi Chris, Welcome to the reef :)
A macro algae tank could make an excellent refugium for the reef.
If you plan on a sump, it could feed into both tanks...
 
Greetings!

I am moving into a new home in a few months and would like to start my first Salt Water aquarium after I get settled in. I’ve had some fresh water tanks in the past, and have long since wanted a salt water tank.

Not entirely sure of location and size of tank yet, keeping my options open :) My wife is interested in a Macro Algae tank, so may have two tanks (his and hers) one on either side of the TV.
That said, been thinking about a small FOWLR in my office to start and go from there.
Will probably be mostly lurking for the next few months while our move in date approaches.
Be seeing you in all the reef places,
—Chris
Welcome. There are several great stores in the area to get you started.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new