Greetings from Tampa, FL

CallMeChris

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings!

I am moving into a new home in a few months and would like to start my first Salt Water aquarium after I get settled in. I’ve had some fresh water tanks in the past, and have long since wanted a salt water tank.

Not entirely sure of location and size of tank yet, keeping my options open :) My wife is interested in a Macro Algae tank, so may have two tanks (his and hers) one on either side of the TV.
That said, been thinking about a small FOWLR in my office to start and go from there.
Will probably be mostly lurking for the next few months while our move in date approaches.
Be seeing you in all the reef places,
—Chris

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

Spicy Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings!

I am moving into a new home in a few months and would like to start my first Salt Water aquarium after I get settled in. I’ve had some fresh water tanks in the past, and have long since wanted a salt water tank.

Not entirely sure of location and size of tank yet, keeping my options open :) My wife is interested in a Macro Algae tank, so may have two tanks (his and hers) one on either side of the TV.
That said, been thinking about a small FOWLR in my office to start and go from there.
Will probably be mostly lurking for the next few months while our move in date approaches.
—Chris
Hi Chris, Welcome to the reef :)
A macro algae tank could make an excellent refugium for the reef.
If you plan on a sump, it could feed into both tanks...

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

GuppyHJD

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings!

—Chris
Welcome. There are several great stores in the area to get you started.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 15 35.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back