Greetings from Tampa

RC51

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I recently decided to try out reef keeping as I already had a large RODI filter for my discus and other soft water fish. I’m starting out with a 40g Fowlr tank being used as a grow out for some baby green blue chromis, and a baby 1.5” bristletooth tang. I will be having a 6ftx2.5ftx2.5ft acrylic tank built by February. The 40g will then become the quarantine for the 280g tank.
I hope to learn a lot from this site as I’m new to the saltwater side of the hobby. Though it’s seeming about the same difficulty as the heavily planted side of the freshwater side of the hobby.
On a bit of a side note I’m very excited to try my hand at breeding some species of tangs as it seems very few have been bred in captivity. I’ve had a bit of a green thumb sort of for fish breeding, and usually never found it to be hard no matter the species.
Welcome to R2R!!!

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I recently decided to try out reef keeping as I already had a large RODI filter for my discus and other soft water fish. I’m starting out with a 40g Fowlr tank being used as a grow out for some baby green blue chromis, and a baby 1.5” bristletooth tang. I will be having a 6ftx2.5ftx2.5ft acrylic tank built by February. The 40g will then become the quarantine for the 280g tank.
I hope to learn a lot from this site as I’m new to the saltwater side of the hobby. Though it’s seeming about the same difficulty as the heavily planted side of the freshwater side of the hobby.
On a bit of a side note I’m very excited to try my hand at breeding some species of tangs as it seems very few have been bred in captivity. I’ve had a bit of a green thumb sort of for fish breeding, and usually never found it to be hard no matter the species.

Welcome! Glad you joined.

This is a good reference book type article post:

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

Applaud your desire for saltwater breeding. Every bit helps. I am watching this post on diamond gobies (I have two):

OP
OP
jskidds2294

jskidds2294

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! Glad you joined.

This is a good reference book type article post:

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

Applaud your desire for saltwater breeding. Every bit helps. I am watching this post on diamond gobies (I have two):
Thanks gonna look that goby thing over.

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!!!
Travel Vacation GIF by VISIT FLORIDA

OP
OP
jskidds2294

jskidds2294

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out Marine Warehouse Aquarium and Coral Corral.

1a-Welcome Aboard.gif
I’ve been to both, really like the coral corral, though my wife and I did feel some of the employees “not all most where great” were a bit on over the top with lecturing “teaching is great but talking down to someone and pointing out mistakes without a solution helps no one”, and where condinsending towards people using brands they don’t carry.

Not a big fan of marine warehouse. Marine warehouse carried iffy brands, and looked a bit more run down. With competition like world wide corals, and top shelf aquatics in Florida you need to be really clean, and not try to sell crappy brands. As Florida just has to many great stores to go to. Plus the online store scene with BRS just gets bigger and bigger. Making it easier to get higher end things.

Last edited:

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R
Welcome to R2R.JPG

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back