GSM dilemma

rtague

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've had this GSM pair for about a year housed in a 50 g cube by themselves,female 3" ,male 2".I just moved them to a 5' 120g with a large rbta where they were alone for 2 weeks.I added 2 wrasses and all hell broke loose,female is constantly charging the other 2 fish to the point that they constantly hide.I had intended to stock this tank with a good number of fish but it seems the GSM won't allow this to happen,these guys get big and aggressive and they're not getting a 5' tank to themselves,would my plan work with a mellower pair,occelaris,snowflake or something else?

Amboss72

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve seen exactly what you’re experiencing. The only difference is that it was occurring in a 65 gallon Red Sea. The clients tank was heavily stocked with many different kinds of fish. Within the clownfish family alone there were ocellaris, maroons, and tomatoes. The only reason I believe all these different fish were able to reside together was that their aggression couldn’t be focused on any one fish. There were too many. Frankly I was shocked by the combination of fish this client had. The tanks stocking of fish broke all the rules I’d previously held to be true.

OP
OP
R

rtague

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve seen exactly what you’re experiencing. The only difference is that it was occurring in a 65 gallon Red Sea. The clients tank was heavily stocked with many different kinds of fish. Within the clownfish family alone there were ocellaris, maroons, and tomatoes. The only reason I believe all these different fish were able to reside together was that their aggression couldn’t be focused on any one fish. There were too many. Frankly I was shocked by the combination of fish this client had. The tanks stocking of fish broke all the rules I’d previously held to be true.
Advice?

Amboss72

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two ideas: add a bunch of fish at the same time, as per my previous post to divert the aggression or try floating new fish in a critter keeper plastic container. Floating the fish in the critter keeper often works as it gives the dominant fish time to relax on the aggression and the new fish time to at least know where they stand in the pack so to speak.

OP
OP
R

rtague

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two ideas: add a bunch of fish at the same time, as per my previous post to divert the aggression or try floating new fish in a critter keeper plastic container. Floating the fish in the critter keeper often works as it gives the dominant fish time to relax on the aggression and the new fish time to at least know where they stand in the pack so to speak.
Thanks,gonna try adding some fish

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back