GSP Field

unchaotic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm planning a little 10 gallon DIY AIO aquarium for my office at work. I want to do a bare bottom and let GSP basically cover the whole thing.

What I want to know is if there would be a way to prevent the GSP from growing up onto the rockwork? If I attached pvc pipe cutoffs to keep the rock an inch or so off the glass could that do the trick?

stevewright1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm planning a little 10 gallon DIY AIO aquarium for my office at work. I want to do a bare bottom and let GSP basically cover the whole thing.

What I want to know is if there would be a way to prevent the GSP from growing up onto the rockwork? If I attached pvc pipe cutoffs to keep the rock an inch or so off the glass could that do the trick?
I like the idea, I am a fan of GSP and always make that one of the 1st corals I introduce into any set up
GSP would eventually grow up the glass walls of your tank and I have also seen it grow on plastic when colonies have been placed close to equipment for example thus I am not sure your PVC pipe supported rock, will not eventually be populated by GSP
routine maintenance, trimming back the colony would probably be required, if you did want to confine it to just the glass base .

boacvh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the idea. Maybe I would try removable smaller rocks next to the main rockwork. Once gsp grows on the "moat" remove and replace. I have been doing that to prevent my gsp rock from getting to the main aquascape.

Johniejumbo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4B690CD2-E61A-45A7-A9F4-1BE70AD0149A.jpeg
Could use corals as border control for them! This galaxea is a bit overzealous about having its space but I think others like hammers and torches can hold them back.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 69 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 62 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back