GSP on back wall

colejr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've also been thinking of doing this. I have a Biocube32 LED and the back wall, currently covered with coralline, is plastic and not glass. I have a softball sized rock island that is almost completely covered in GSP now. Can I simply cut many small frags from it and just glue them to the wall over the top of the coralline?
20210523_153519.jpg

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have it growing up my canister siphon tube. Looks great
You can see it top left corner
I've also been thinking of doing this. I have a Biocube32 LED and the back wall, currently covered with coralline, is plastic and not glass. I have a softball sized rock island that is almost completely covered in GSP now. Can I simply cut many small frags from it and just glue them to the wall over the top of the coralline?
20210523_153519.jpg
Yes you can.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

So it’s fast growth it will cause trace elements to be uptake faster. An once it get started it tends to over run all corals in the aquarium. As it is a extremely fast growing coral. When you try to remove it from area’s. It will cause a big change in chemistry as it dies.
Best to keep in a controlled area of the aquarium.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it’s fast growth it will cause trace elements to be uptake faster. An once it get started it tends to over run all corals in the aquarium. As it is a extremely fast growing coral. When you try to remove it from area’s. It will cause a big change in chemistry as it dies.
Best to keep in a controlled area of the aquarium.
Just like any heavy coral tank. Everything takes up trace and eventually everything has to be dosed in our glass boxes. If one removes sps or it dies it will greatly effect the tanks balance. If one is running a refugium and its removed or dies it will cause issues.
Not a valid reason to not have a wall of gsp.

chipchipbro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
imo Shaner014 did a really good job!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 97 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back