GSP on back wall

JayStro81

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
So I'm contemplating putting GSP on the back wall of my 40g. I honestly love the way it looks but how much work is it to keep it at bay? To this point I've kept my GSP on a small isolated island and trim it when needed. If I let it grab the wall will it become a menace, or is it easily manageable? Thanks in advance for the feedback.

AS

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
So I'm contemplating putting GSP on the back wall of my 40g. I honestly love the way it looks but how much work is it to keep it at bay? To this point I've kept my GSP on a small isolated island and trim it when needed. If I let it grab the wall will it become a menace, or is it easily manageable? Thanks in advance for the feedback.
I also love the look of that but in my opinion it all has to do with how involved you are and how well you can stay up on maintenance. The GSP will probably take off, but the key is making sure you keep on top of it and not allow it to travel to your other rock work.

Also if your rock work is butted up directly to your back wall that can leave room for the GSP to begin to crawl and grow onto it.. Best of luck.. Inappropriate reefer has some videos on YouTube where he talks about this exact situation and how he deals with it in his old drop off tank! Hope this helps!

Paleozoic_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I have it on my bare bottom tank. As it grows on the glass I use a razor blade to cut swaths of it and place it on the back of my tank and any others I want covered..
B1F4B887-BDC2-4D56-8D65-5FAE8A4F219E.jpeg

Zoanthids

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
@Uncle99 posted an incredible photo on another thread today with his back wall putting green. His is a great example of space planning and color utilization. He sets the bar. I highly recommend going for it.

Marinenewbie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I have it on my bare bottom tank. As it grows on the glass I use a razor blade to cut swaths of it and place it on the back of my tank and any others I want covered..
Wow I love your tank! What is that.coral that looks like a tall feather? Very cool. I just started my tank after Christmas but I hope it’s kinda like yours someday!!

Wen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
My last tank had gsp covering the 2 overflow covers, looked great and a algae scraper kept it in place.
In my latest tank the plan is to cover most of the back wall and all of the overflow wall.
1. Gsp look so cool swaying...a crowd pleaser.
2. Less glass cleaning....pleases me!
3. Just keep it away from main rock structure and prune off leggy growths.

Love the look @Paleozoic_reefer !

Avast

Rob.bucek

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
that's a fantastic look... any tricks to getting it to stick to the glass initially?

Paleozoic_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
that's a fantastic look... any tricks to getting it to stick to the glass initially?
I use an ample amount of super glue gel (the gel one is by far the best!!) and if you have some coralline algae on the glass, even better. You just need to press if gently enough till it solidifies on the glass and you'll be good to go...

RAP

Appoloreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I am going to put GSP on my back wall of my 125 gallon when I start putting in corals and I am hoping that it covers the back wall for I think it will look very nice. I know a lot of people do not like the coral.

hubble

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I had GSP on the back glass of my last tank it did great and looked awesome. I would scrape it with a razor to get it off the glass and cut it with a pair of scissors to trim it.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Yes it will become an issue once it gets going. It is hard to remove in some cases and will cause issues when you do to your water chemistry.
How?

Aquarium Specialty - dry goods & marine livestock

When is the last time you purchased cleanup crew critters?

• Past few days

Votes: 61 12.2%
  • Past few weeks

Votes: 135 26.9%
  • Past few months

Votes: 161 32.1%
  • Over a half a year

Votes: 71 14.2%
  • Over a year ago

Votes: 69 13.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 4 0.8%