OP
Snoopdog

Snoopdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah that does not look good. What is your lighting, fill in some specifications for us! What is your water source?

A_family_man13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah that does not look good. What is your lighting, fill in some specifications for us! What is your water source?
I get All my water from ocean corals or wet pets. I have 2 AI primes both about 1 1/2 yr old. Currently have hammer, Kenya, green polyps, GSP, Xenia, and different BTAs. I dose All for Reef and NoPox.
IMG_1813.jpeg

OP
OP
Snoopdog

Snoopdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get All my water from ocean corals or wet pets. I have 2 AI primes both about 1 1/2 yr old. Currently have hammer, Kenya, green polyps, GSP, Xenia, and different BTAs. I dose All for Reef and NoPox.
IMG_1813.jpeg

What is doing well compared to what does not do well? Sometimes a tank just needs to age. Unless you are in an apartment you are going to want to just start making your own water. I cannot imagine having to go get water, that would be a complete PITA. Not to mention we drink the RO water, it even goes to our ice maker. Once it goes through the DI that only goes in the tank. Considering how much water we drink here for four people, I imagine the RO unit pays for itself pretty quickly.

.Haliax.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@A_family_man13
The cause of your nitrates may be from whatever you are feeding the snowflake eel. Does it eat whole shrimp? Or when your friend fed your tank, maybe he overfed. Have you done a big water change? You could take a power head or something and blast all the nooks and crannies and do a major like 85% water change at the same time. I can help you out if you choose to go that route, I have a brute trash can with a water pump & heater on it. We would need to fill it at your house somehow, but also I also highly recommend investing in a RODI setup.

OP
OP
Snoopdog

Snoopdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@A_family_man13
The cause of your nitrates may be from whatever you are feeding the snowflake eel. Does it eat whole shrimp? Or when your friend fed your tank, maybe he overfed. Have you done a big water change? You could take a power head or something and blast all the nooks and crannies and do a major like 85% water change at the same time. I can help you out if you choose to go that route, I have a brute trash can with a water pump & heater on it. We would need to fill it at your house somehow, but also I also highly recommend investing in a RODI setup.

I cannot imagine the waste coming out of an eel, I missed that he had one. That is like having 4 yellow Tangs.

OP
OP
Snoopdog

Snoopdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
White worm production is slowly ramping up. We started some new containers this week and still 2-3 weeks out before we can start feeding daily. Doesn't this just look yummy?

20230515_180538.jpg

.Haliax.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my XR15s quit working today, the royal blue channel was very dim and flickering. Customer service had me ship it to them to diagnose the problem. It's out of warranty, so we'll see how much this costs me. Also I have to somehow deal with one light over a 4' tank for an indefinite amount of time :angry-face::angry-face::angry-face: Maybe my corals won't suffer, idk

BamaCoastPyrat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my XR15s quit working today, the royal blue channel was very dim and flickering. Customer service had me ship it to them to diagnose the problem. It's out of warranty, so we'll see how much this costs me. Also I have to somehow deal with one light over a 4' tank for an indefinite amount of time :angry-face::angry-face::angry-face: Maybe my corals won't suffer, idk
I just bought a LET 36" retrofit T5 kit with two ATI bulbs and I'm not going to be able to set it up before I leave. I would be willing to sell it to you for what I paid if it helps.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230516-181917.png
    Screenshot_20230516-181917.png
    197 KB · Views: 26
OP
OP
Snoopdog

Snoopdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

You can use one of my Red Sea 90's, not like I am using them.

OP
OP
Snoopdog

Snoopdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It blows my mind how much reefing has changed. Something as simple as Caulerpa availability has changed. Back when I first started everyone was growing Grape Caulerpa or Cup Caulerpa, now everyone does Chaeto. Has anyone seen grape or cup?

duytran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, i dont have any frag at the moment. I'm debating if i should sell them as frag or sell my whole rock colony. These are halle berry, utter choas, purple monster, and rainbow incenerator.

Attachments

• zoa colony.jpg
    zoa colony.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 23
OP
OP
Snoopdog

Snoopdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, i dont have any frag at the moment. I'm debating if i should sell them as frag or sell my whole rock colony. These are halle berry, utter choas, purple monster, and rainbow incenerator.

Come up with a reasonable price or if you want to trade it for other things, I may be interested.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 42 30.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 25.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 49 36.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back