OP
Snoopdog

Snoopdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I've got one, I used to be big into photography. I need to try to take some coral shots with it

Two more pictures.

Haliax if you look at the pictures of these Purple People Eaters, you see the splotches and dots on the larger ones? That is what I was describing when they get a lot of light.

DSC_1126-2.jpg
DSC_1118-2.jpg

.Haliax.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone has been quiet. What is going on? We are headed into the dreaded hurricane season now.
Hey man I’m glad you reached out, I was thinking about you guys the other day.

I got a few new corals to try out, including millepora and goniopora. I’m excited to see how those go.
The corals I got from you are doing well… the monti hasn’t shown a lot of growth yet, but it is bursting with polyp extension.

I got a few things on my to-do list for sure, I need to make some adjustments and bolster my CUC. I really want to set up a frag system like you have in your sump. I have a small rack in the display, but I hate the way it looks and I’m out growing it

What’s new with you?

OP
OP
Snoopdog

Snoopdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey man I’m glad you reached out, I was thinking about you guys the other day.

I got a few new corals to try out, including millepora and goniopora. I’m excited to see how those go.
The corals I got from you are doing well… the monti hasn’t shown a lot of growth yet, but it is bursting with polyp extension.

I got a few things on my to-do list for sure, I need to make some adjustments and bolster my CUC. I really want to set up a frag system like you have in your sump. I have a small rack in the display, but I hate the way it looks and I’m out growing it

What’s new with you?

Well everything is good. I have been working on getting my phosphates lower, doing it slowly. In 2-4 weeks from now I am replacing all of my lighting. I am just not digging these Red Sea lights so I am just going to go ahead and replace them, going from 90w to 180w per light. I moved some of my full frags back to the display and while I was cleaning today I found like 8 more things floating around the tank lose I went ahead and fragged, this is a never ending cycle.

I am keeping an eye out for storms, so far we have lucked out this year and it has been quiet, I am knocking on some wood. It was a nice three day weekend and dreading work.

OP
OP
Snoopdog

Snoopdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which lights are you going with?

I am not completely decided but looking heavily at two of these.

BamaCoastPyrat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone has been quiet. What is going on? We are headed into the dreaded hurricane season now.
This will be my first hurricane season. I guess I need to come up a battery backup to at least keep a couple of powerheads running when I inevitably lose power.

Lately I have been trying to recover from the huge algae blooms in the display tank and quarantine tank from when I was out of town. I have been trying to figure out why bad algaes have been outcompeting my chaeto in the display tank.

In the quarantine tank, where all of the corals are I have been doing 2-4x weekly water changes but still have all kinds of algae covering the sand bed. Everytime I do a water change I clean the sand bed with the python and within 12 hours the algae is back at it. I haven't tested my water levels, but I haven't added any food into this tank in at least a couple of week, so I can't imagine there are many nitrates or phosphates left in there. Starting tomorrow I'm removing all red, green, and white lighting from my lighting spectrum to see if that helps any. But I'm at a loss.

How are you doing? Are you back to overflowing your sump with corals?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 36 52.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.7%
Back