H.Kuda trapped intank overflow intake

foxngn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

Today i found out that my seahorse tail had been trapped inside the intake of my internal tank overflow. Most likely its been sucked into it.
I'm not sure how long it stuck there, but once i found out i shut down the pump & slowly pull it out.
As from what i checked there is no visible pain or bruises on the tail.

it's tail still able to anchor on macroalgae & it still eat & swimming actively.

Is there anything to be worry about such as internal bleeding/bruises?

display.png

Thanks

Mike.P

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If he's anchoring, eating, and being active, I would say that he's fine. If you have a QT, I would maybe put him in there for a bit, or in a breeder box within your main tank... That way he can have some down time to recover, without anyone bugging him.

rayjay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd just watch it closely to see if any problems occur in the next week or two and THEN, if anything shows like bacterial infestation, place in the hospital tank.
At this point it is probably stressed enough and I wouldn't want to add to the stress by putting it in the hospital tank right now.
If something IS going to show, at least by then some of the initial stress will have been reduced by the time it might need hospitalization.
Of course, something is going to have to be placed over the intake that trapped the seahorse, looking also for other possible points to fix as well.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back