Hanna Marine Magnesium Checker HI783 Problems/Issues

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Are you experiencing issues with your Marine Magnesium Checker (HI783)?

• Yes - Describe Below

Votes: 31 88.6%
  • No

Votes: 4 11.4%

• Total voters

Derrick0580

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I emailed hanna last week to ask how much longer my tester was going to remain a useless paper weight and they said they expect to be shipping out new reagents by mid september.

Viet658

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone received replacement reagents yet? It’s been months since they said they had a fix for this.

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Asked me after months how many regents I bought….. really poor response
Same here. I submitted the form again then asked the status but no response. They really need to fix this one otherwise it will fall into the same boat with ecotech and Look liveaquaria

mwilk19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received notice that the reagents have shipped. Unfortunately, they used an old address that they had on file. I emailed immediately to correct the address issue. Hopefully they're like a lot of other businesses who say the order has shipped but it actually doesn't start moving for 2 or 3 days. Anyway, there is at least some movement.

mwilk19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received another email from Hanna.
"
Thank you for your patience. We know that you have been waiting for your new Marine Magnesium Checker® Reagents to arrive. We understand your frustrations and would like to provide you with an update on this matter.
After discovering that the reagents had an unexpected degradation over time and were the root cause of the issue, our Hanna team went to work! We have created brand new reagents for our Marine Magnesium Checkers®. This completely will alleviate the high readings that customers were experiencing.
Due to these changes, all Marine Magnesium Checkers® (HI783) moving forward will use a powder reagent "B" and include a 3 minute timer step to ensure the new reagent is sufficiently dissolved.
We have good news! Everyone who purchased a Marine Magnesium Checker® (HI783) will receive a brand new Checker® kit complete with reagents and if you bought additional reagents (HI783-25), we will replace those as well by the end of
October 2022.

We ask that you kindly please dispose of your old Marine Magnesium Checker® and the corresponding batch of reagents in accordance with your local environmental laws and regulations.

Words cannot fully express our gratitude for our customers in the aquarium community. We know that this has not been easy for our customers and truly appreciate you sticking by us during this time.
We look forward to getting you back to what you do best, testing and tending to your reef tanks!
Sincerely,​

Kevin C. Costa

yanetterer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got my email too. Surprised by this line, "Everyone who purchased a Marine Magnesium Checker® (HI783) will receive a brand new Checker® kit complete with reagents." To me it sounds like they are replacing the entire checker, not just the reagents.

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screenshot_20220928-213928_Gmail.jpg

Yep. Whole new kit.

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same here. Hopefully Hanna got this right and I always support company like that. In a long run, they will be more profitable and we are happy customers.

yanetterer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m hoping they provide more information on the new checker they are sending out. People trying to buy one used may have to be extra careful to make sure they aren’t getting a recalled version.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 76 51.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 76 51.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 37 25.0%
  • None.

Votes: 32 21.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.1%
Back