Hanna Phosphate ULR blinking 0.00

chadfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

Does anyone know what it means when the ULR Phosphate checker blinks 0.00? I’ve had a zero reading before, but never blinking.

w8lifts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Under Range: A blinking “0.00” indicates that the sample absorbs less light than the zero reference. Check the measurement procedure and make sure to use the same cuvette for reference (zero) and measurement.

OP
OP
chadfish

chadfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Odd. Tried it twice, same procedure with the same cuvette. I guess I’ll try once more after I feed some frozen foods

w8lifts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Odd. Tried it twice, same procedure with the same cuvette. I guess I’ll try once more after I feed some frozen foods
I had same issue, I just had to start dosing phosphate, I treated it as 0 and started my dosing pump. Issue went away and now keep my phosphate .05-.2 range

EricR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW -- my first Hanna Phosphate ULR checker was defective -- always read 0.00-0.01 ... Hanna support was awesome, sending me new reagents (free) for diagnostic purposes.

My new checker is always 0.01-0.02 lower than my LFS Milwaukee (but I trust my methods over stressed out dude at LFS)

Bad reagent is always the most likely suspect but never seen blinking "below sample" on mine.
*I'll assume you've tried multiple times with same results ... noting that the photoelectric beam/eye are about 2/3 the way up, on the side, so that part has to be "clear path" ,,, meaning "clean" on the vile

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

Does anyone know what it means when the ULR Phosphate checker blinks 0.00? I’ve had a zero reading before, but never blinking.
Not sure what that means. Could be a malfunctioning Checker. Contact Hanna support. I have had good luck with them

Back