Hanna Phosphate ULR blinking 0.00

chadfish

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 10, 2020
Messages
350
Reaction score
201
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

Does anyone know what it means when the ULR Phosphate checker blinks 0.00? I’ve had a zero reading before, but never blinking.
 
Under Range: A blinking “0.00” indicates that the sample absorbs less light than the zero reference. Check the measurement procedure and make sure to use the same cuvette for reference (zero) and measurement.
 
Odd. Tried it twice, same procedure with the same cuvette. I guess I’ll try once more after I feed some frozen foods
 
Odd. Tried it twice, same procedure with the same cuvette. I guess I’ll try once more after I feed some frozen foods
I had same issue, I just had to start dosing phosphate, I treated it as 0 and started my dosing pump. Issue went away and now keep my phosphate .05-.2 range
 
FWIW -- my first Hanna Phosphate ULR checker was defective -- always read 0.00-0.01 ... Hanna support was awesome, sending me new reagents (free) for diagnostic purposes.

My new checker is always 0.01-0.02 lower than my LFS Milwaukee (but I trust my methods over stressed out dude at LFS)

Bad reagent is always the most likely suspect but never seen blinking "below sample" on mine.
*I'll assume you've tried multiple times with same results ... noting that the photoelectric beam/eye are about 2/3 the way up, on the side, so that part has to be "clear path" ,,, meaning "clean" on the vile
 
Hi all,

Does anyone know what it means when the ULR Phosphate checker blinks 0.00? I’ve had a zero reading before, but never blinking.
Not sure what that means. Could be a malfunctioning Checker. Contact Hanna support. I have had good luck with them
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new