Hanna vs Red Sea Nitrite Testing

psumms

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 11, 2019
Messages
189
Reaction score
124
Location
United Kingdom
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, nearing the end of the cycle on a new tank. I have a Hanna Nitrite ULR tester that to-date won't give a reading as every test reports '200' (out of 0-200 ppb range). My Red Sea Nitrite tests are coming in between 0.5 and 1 ppt. I believe I should trust the Hanna (non)reading, but that's quite a difference, no?
 
Not sure that answers the question? Surely that would be a reading of 50-100 ppb on the Hanna if the Red Sea tests were anywhere near accurate?
 
sorry posted to wrong thread.
 
Quietman is right, my apologies, I just realized its pp-million not thousand as I was calculating.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new