Has anyone kept Blue Reef Chromis?

  • Thread starter Thread starter fishnchip
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I second on the yellow tail, I had two in a 1o gal QT tank. They actual mated a produced off spring, very interesting to watch.
Did they swim in the water column or stick to the rocks? I feel like my tank is missing a nice centerpiece so the damsels could be the way to go
 
I don't bother with the green chromis anymore. Not a particularly attractive fish, usually whittle themselves down to a single individual, and are frequent carriers of uronema - which you DO NOT want in your tank. I'm a fan of the yellow tail damsels (have 36 in my tank) or the azures.
 
If you asking if the two yellow tail swam around or stayed near rocks? They were the only two fish in the tank so they were all over the place. They stayed in that tank till a heater mishap. ;Rage;Rage;Rage
 
Did not ready about it. I didn't know a damsel could get a foot long. It would tear up any fish with it, Damsel are mean suckers.
 
That’s a cool looking fish! Maybe a little big for my tank though haha. I’m just looking for a nice centerpiece of a fish. I wanted blue (because I don’t have any blue fish in my tank) but I’m open to anything really!
 
There are several very blue damsels that might foot the bill for you. Of course they all come with a chip on their shoulder.
Except the Sapphire Damsel. Cobalt blue with a variable amount of black accenting. Despite what it says in that sale listing, this damsel is much better behaved than most damsels. I've had several and never the slightest problem harrassing other fish with any of them. Supposedly they also eat flatworms although I've not witnessed this myself. Every tank should have one. :)

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/springeri-damsel-aka-blue-sapphire-damsel.327742/
 
I didn't know a damsel could get a foot long. It would tear up any fish with it, Damsel are mean suckers.

It's not a damsel. Plesiopidae family (had to look it up myself). Related to the marine betta.
 
Except the Sapphire Damsel. Cobalt blue with a variable amount of black accenting. Despite what it says in that sale listing, this damsel is much better behaved than most damsels. I've had several and never the slightest problem harrassing other fish with any of them. Supposedly they also eat flatworms although I've not witnessed this myself. Every tank should have one. :)

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/springeri-damsel-aka-blue-sapphire-damsel.327742/
What are their swimming patterns? Do they stick to the rock work or will they swim in the water column? I have enough fish that don't like to swim out in the open;Joyful
 
What are their swimming patterns? Do they stick to the rock work or will they swim in the water column? I have enough fish that don't like to swim out in the open;Joyful
They aren't shy but will generally hover near the reef, coming out into open water during feeding time.
 
I have 6 blue/green chromis for years. Great fish they don’t bother anyone in the tank. And are super hardy Fish. I love having them. They’re always out swimming around until the lights start to dim.
 
I have 4 blue/green chromis in a 40 gallon breeder. They get along fine -- have had them since mid January 2018.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new