Has anyone tested MicroBacter CLEAN like Vibrant was tested?

I am just wondering because I think MicroBacter CLEAN tries to do the same thing that Vibrant did. I could be wrong was just curious.
@taricha did some work on this product, I believe. Bacteria products would seem more difficult to test because the claims are difficult to measure.
 
Nope. MB Clean contains no polyquat.
MicroBacter Clean was actually in the first set of comparison bacterial products I checked, in order to see just how weird Vibrant was for a bacterial additive.
You can see it here...
So I dried drops of a few different things on glass slides and then applied a drop of bromophenol blue to the residue of each.

20211026_162058.jpg
Top slide: tap water, tank water, AlgaeFix marine.
Bottom slide: Waste Away, MicroBacter 7, MicroBacter Clean
Right slide: Vibrant
The bromophenol blue kept its normal purple appearance for all except Algaefix and Vibrant, which caused it to turn blue.
(vibrant, algaefix, and their dried residues are slightly acidic - so could not be causing the BPB to shift to blue by high pH)

(Other chemical tests also find no polyquat in MB Clean.)
 
Last edited:
Thanks for informing me guys, really grateful there is people in the hobby willing to check this stuff.
 
Performance wise I’d say Razor is closer to Vibrant.
Brightwell is explicit on the bottle that Razor is a polymer, so I guess they aren't hiding the ball on that one too much.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new