Has anyone that pre-ordered seen their ION Director yet?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I paid $1995 for the Profilux 4 Mega set, so similar amounts for the kh director and ion director is what I expected..

That is $AUD with free shipping

Not a cheap hobby
God bless!!!

jim_fitz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you serious?

There are still 2 in stock.

so you ordered as advertised ?

Did you already have a slave that you need to run the IonD

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you serious?

There are still 2 in stock.

If this is in fact true, and you were able to order from a retailer and 3 days later receive the IOND, a lot of people that pre-ordered are going to more upset than we already are. We where told all Pre-orders would be fulfilled before any were sent to retailers to be sold.
But BRS lists them on it's sight, but not in stock.
Other than a web site, and as you state it's working perfectly, please post a pic of it running on your tank.

wmb0003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If this is in fact true, and you were able to order from a retailer and 3 days later receive the IOND, a lot of people that pre-ordered are going to more upset than we already are. We where told all Pre-orders would be fulfilled before any were sent to retailers to be sold.
Other than a web site, and as you state it's working perfectly, please post a pic of it running on your tank.
I think GHL made a statement that some retail stores ordered some too during the pre-order; so it is possible they received the units from their pre-orders and are turning around and re-selling them.

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What can I say. I ordered and I received one. I didn't realise it was such a big deal.

If I had realised I would have shut up and just smirked :)

Chill out folks, it does exist, and it's not as good as the advertising suggests.

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What can I say. I ordered and I received one. I didn't realise it was such a big deal.

Chill out folks, it does exist, and it's not as good as the advertising suggests.
Can you elaborate on your last statement?

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is just getting better and better as it goes along. GHL should chime in **** things. But they won't.

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ummn, I ordered one on Monday and received it it on Thursday.

It works fine.

Not sure what the noise is all about.

I smell troll...
Of these 3 posts, I'm tending to only put stock in the last one.
@gbroadbridge - pics or it didn't happen.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I smell troll...
His post profile looks very normal. I don't see any reason for him to do anything like that.
I suspect that GHL took some big orders from retailers and the retailers are selling them off.
This was certainly not what GHL had stated at the beginning. They made it sound like only individuals would be eligible. If I had known that all the big retailers could also put in orders for 100s of units and we would be behind them in the line I would have never made a pre order, I would have just waited until a store in the US had them in stock.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AS a long shot........it could be a beta tester someone is selling? It is Australia.

CEReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
His post profile looks very normal. I don't see any reason for him to do anything like that.
I suspect that GHL took some big orders from retailers and the retailers are selling them off.
This was certainly not what GHL had stated at the beginning. They made it sound like only individuals would be eligible. If I had known that all the big retailers could also put in orders for 100s of units and we would be behind them in the line I would have never made a pre order, I would have just waited until a store in the US had them in stock.
@Vinny@GHLUSA could clarify...

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He posted a link to the store he said he ordered it from.
And he's yet to prove he bought it. I agree with the troll aspect.
At first he says it works fine then says it's not as good as advertised.
He says two still left in stock yet the site says out of stock.
He's trying to stir the pot for Halloween.

Just because it's in a store doesn't mean it's not a beta unit.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly? Nothing will surprise me with this ordeal anymore.
With how long this is taking along with the high demand for it. And with the painstakingly lack of information from GHL on this? It's almost open to anything happening. And it all lies solely on GHL's way of handling this.

I'm all for wanting a unit that works and works the way it should. I don't want something that works ok. I have that with Hanna checkers. I personally can't wait to rid myself of them. Yet I have to keep buying more refills after paying for a tester that was touted as the cure for all this. Two years worth.

I'm willing to wait a reasonable time for something and I think I have. But at this point no one knows whether they have to wait another week, another year, or if it will be released at all.

GHL's current stance on this is no new information if they have nothing to report......
I think we can all agree that this is a horrible, horrible approach which only says one thing in reality..... We can't figure this out. Supply issues are a scapegoat to prolong and give them time to figure it out.

The last thing I was told is the probe issues don't apply to my shipment and to expect delivery in a week or two. Then I was told they were waiting for an expedited shipment of new improved probes from Germany and to keep an eye out for tracking #. Maybe expedited means 6 months instead of 2 years? I don't know as I wasn't told anything. Just silence...........

It's time, way past time for GHL to let us know something. We're all frustrated with this. Some of us more so. I'll never, ever do a pre- order again. Test it, make sure it's ready. Then release it. The extra reagent we're getting for pre-ordering isn't worth the headaches at this point.

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you are giving me more credit than I deserve.

I just bought one online and made a comment here and now I'm being attacked.

Chill out folks, it's not a big deal..

For crying out loud, we're all in this hobby together

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For what is is worth, I can see at least 40 units available in Australia at the moment, but they are going fast. One site had 10 available but is now out of stock.

One website has this:

NOTE:

ION Director units are now in production and shipping, starting with pre-order customers. Please note delivery of new orders may take up to 4 months (starting Sept 2021) due to massive number of global orders received. All orders will be shipped in the order they are received.

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you are giving me more credit than I deserve.

I just bought one online and made a comment here and now I'm being attacked.

Chill out folks, it's not a big deal..

For crying out loud, we're all in this hobby together
No one is attacking you, but you come into a thread for the first time, with lots of people here that have been waiting a long time, and state it's easy, just order one and a few days later it's up and running. So of course our first impression is troll. We've mentioned pictures... we haven't seen any to date.
How would you feel?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 26 27.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 35.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 29 30.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.0%
Back