Has anyone that pre-ordered seen their ION Director yet?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GHL acknowledged in their last note they will ship in order that makes the most sense to them.
This..........says sooooo much about GHL. I don't care what anyone thinks. This is just wrong, wrong, wrong. I'm so glad I'm out of this frigging fiasco.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And it says a lot about the people willing to put up with their crap. I'm not one of those.
I'd be requesting a refund after waiting two years and they come up with this. There's no loyalty here. Just a money grab. Good riddance GHL. I'll be replacing all my GHL equipment. I'm so done with them.

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
And it says a lot about the people willing to put up with their crap. I'm not one of those.
I'd be requesting a refund after waiting two years and they come up with this. There's no loyalty here. Just a money grab. Good riddance GHL. I'll be replacing all my GHL equipment. I'm so done with them.
Just to clarify, here is the exact language they used for folks. It could be read by an optimist that it will mostly be in order, and a pessimist would read it as a waiver to deliver how they want. They shouldn’t have stated orders will be delivered in the order received, but oh well.

How long does it take to get my order?
In principle, deliveries are made in the order of the binding (pre-)orders. In individual cases, we might deviate from this if necessary for logistical reasons or due to model availability.
At the moment there are still several thousand ordered IOND open. Since the achievable output per week is limited, it will certainly take several months until the most recently ordered IOND can be delivered.
Unfortunately, it is not yet possible for us to give each customer an exact date, as we do not yet know the delivery quantities of the sensors themselves.

wmb0003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well, it’s shipping out of Germany around the world, and there’s no guarantee individuals are in that first batch over retailers with larger orders and influence. GHL acknowledged in their last note they will ship in order that makes the most sense to them. This deviates from the idea of being first come first served. Either way, shipping will be many weeks long and the next batch would be months away especially if they want to ensure the first revised batch doesn’t have issues like the original probe.
I did not interpret that they will ship to retailers first. They did say they were going by pre-order date but would deviate on an individual case basis depending on logistics.

I would think they would send “x” number of units to the US warehouse and then the US orders will go out by order date. But orders placed on the same day in different markets/geographic regions could have significantly different delivery dates.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's funny....... Not one order shipped to US customers yet. Germany got them. I really don't know who else did. No one sees a discrepancy with this??? They aren't shipping by first come first pre-order. Read the writing on the wall people. Stop listening to what they say. They haven't backed up anything they've said yet.

wmb0003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's funny....... Not one order shipped to US customers yet. Germany got them. I really don't know who else did. No one sees a discrepancy with this??? They aren't shipping by first come first pre-order. Read the writing on the wall people. Stop listening to what they say. They haven't backed up anything they've said yet.
They are a German company…. It makes sense that the Germans got their hands on them first.

They then realized there was issues with the probes and halted all shipping.

We would all be complaining about not being able to use our units bc of the probes if they had shipped, but instead we complain about not having them in our hands. I guess the only difference is maybe you wouldn’t have lost your place in the preorder line. :D

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are a German company…. It makes sense that the Germans got their hands on them first.

They then realized there was issues with the probes and halted all shipping.

We would all be complaining about not being able to use our units bc of the probes if they had shipped, but instead we complain about not having them in our hands. I guess the only difference is maybe you wouldn’t have lost your place in the preorder line. :D
Believe what you want. Tell me I'm lying if they've backed up anything they said. Just because they're a German company means the Germans get theirs first??? First in line is first in line. Only GHL knows who's first in line. And you're all relying on what they say. Like I said, prove me wrong that they haven't backed up what they said. This is and will be a fiasco for GHL. Why else would they cancel my order? Because I speak the truth and my mind? Yeah!

wmb0003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Believe what you want. Tell me I'm lying if they've backed up anything they said. Just because they're a German company means the Germans get theirs first??? First in line is first in line. Only GHL knows who's first in line. And you're all relying on what they say. Like I said, prove me wrong that they haven't backed up what they said. This is and will be a fiasco for GHL. Why else would they cancel my order? Because I speak the truth and my mind? Yeah!
I agree they have went back on their word. But it’s not like they do it for fun, they don’t want to delay the IOND anymore but things come up. Sure, it has been one thing after another. But remember in the whole global scheme of things, GHL is small potatoes. The reef industry as a whole is small potatoes.

Your criticism of them every step of the way isn’t helping and I believe that is why they canceled your order.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fact:
IOND is ready for pre-order.Price is as follows. Pre-orders get a discount.

Fact:
it will be shipped first come first serve

Fact:
you're next in line to get your IOND. 3-4 times. Watch for tracking #.
One of those times they said the probe issues didn't concern my shipment.
I can send those emails if you would like to see them.

Fact:
delay, delay, delay with no explanation.

All lies! Yet you all keep waiting, hoping they'll do what they say. They haven't yet.
Good luck and be careful what you wish for..... You may just get it!

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree they have went back on their word. But it’s not like they do it for fun, they don’t want to delay the IOND anymore but things come up. Sure, it has been one thing after another. But remember in the whole global scheme of things, GHL is small potatoes. The reef industry as a whole is small potatoes.

Your criticism of them every step of the way isn’t helping and I believe that is why they canceled your order.
My criticism of them has nothing to do with them cancelling my order. I have my right to be critical as everyone else has. This is a control issue with GHL. And I have real issues with that. Everyone should.

wmb0003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My criticism of them has nothing to do with them cancelling my order. I have my right to be critical as everyone else has. This is a control issue with GHL. And I have real issues with that. Everyone should.
I’m pretty sure your criticism has everything to do with them canceling your order.

You do have the right to free speech and can blast them all you want. But at the same time, as a private company, they have a right to sell to who they want.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m pretty sure your criticism has everything to do with them canceling your order.

You do have the right to free speech and can blast them all you want. But at the same time, as a private company, they have a right to sell to who they want.
It's funny how I'm the only one on here speaking my mind and questioning them. And I got my order cancelled because of that. They hate anything negative said about them. Private company or not. I bet if I took them to court I'd win. Wanna bet?

wmb0003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Again.... Pretty sure. More speculation on your part.
Haha, Everything on this forum is speculation…
Have you heard from GHL as to why they canceled your order?

And the next question was regarding taking them to court? I don’t bet but just for fun, if you were to find a lawyer that would take your case. My guess would be, GHL would put you back on the list because it easier to sell you the equipment than deal with lawyers and court costs.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha, Everything on this forum is speculation…
Have you heard from GHL as to why they canceled your order?

And the next question was regarding taking them to court? I don’t bet but just for fun, if you were to find a lawyer that would take your case. My guess would be, GHL would put you back on the list because it easier to sell you the equipment than deal with lawyers and court costs.
Doesn't matter anymore. If they decided to give me one I wouldn't take it. I really think they don't have a handle on this thing yet. And they may never will. But they are stubborn so who knows?
They have left me with no desire to own anything they have their name on it. Including the $3500 worth of stuff I currently have. If a company doesn't give you loyalty for staying with them then I won't. I can spend my money with who I feel deserves it.

CEReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doesn't matter anymore. If they decided to give me one I wouldn't take it. I really think they don't have a handle on this thing yet. And they may never will. But they are stubborn so who knows?
They have left me with no desire to own anything they have their name on it. Including the $3500 worth of stuff I currently have. If a company doesn't give you loyalty for staying with them then I won't. I can spend my money with who I feel deserves it.
May I ask, how do you think they connected your username to your order?

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The e mail I use for R2R is different from the one I use for GHL.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You mentioned that you live close to their US distribution location. Could have been that info that allowed them to figure it out?
I'm sure it can get put together if one tries. I did send them an email about the same time I posted my open post to GHL about the IOND. That's the only email I sent them.

But...... Even if they did put it together they would need to verify my username here to my email with them. Just for legality issues? I'm sure there are people out there that know how to do such things.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 50.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 11 28.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.6%
Back