Has anyone that pre-ordered seen their ION Director yet?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Matt Peacock

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to check my understanding:

1. The last update from GHL was dated 20 November 2021 and stated -

“But the wait is over now!
From the middle of next week, we will again receive sensors in the latest, greatly improved version, then deliveries of IOND will resume”

2. No one has posted on this forum about having received an ION Director from 24 November 2021 onwards (that date being my estimation of ‘middle of next week’).

3. There have been no further updates from GHL.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

From the middle of next week, we will again receive sensors in the latest, greatly improved version, then deliveries of IOND will resume”

2. No one has posted on this forum about having received an ION Director from 24 November 2021 onwards (that date being my estimation of ‘middle of next week’).

Yep...... Status quo from GHL.

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Unfortunately this thread is primarily the complaints about that

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Careful now....... You don't want your pre-order getting cancelled.

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It would be nice to know what is going on though, just saying.
Yep, totally understand. The net of these 28 pages is you will get it when you get it. If you care about knowing when, then this isn’t the pre-order for you. If you don’t have a timeline, then continue on with life without worry.

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yep, totally understand. The net of these 28 pages is you will get it when you get it. If you care about knowing when, then this isn’t the pre-order for you. If you don’t have a timeline, then continue on with life without worry.

The takeaway I get from this thread is you may never get it, and they are holding on to your money indefinitely.

If you don’t have a timeline, then surely it would be better to get your money back and purchase when they have stock available (i.e. after the pre-orders have been filled, if that ever happens).

The only reason to stick with the pre-order is that you do have a timeline, and that timeline is to be one of the first to get the unit.

It’s now mid-December and the holidays are coming up :rolleyes:

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The takeaway I get from this thread is you may never get it, and they are holding on to your money indefinitely.

If you don’t have a timeline, then surely it would be better to get your money back and purchase when they have stock available (i.e. after the pre-orders have been filled, if that ever happens).

The only reason to stick with the pre-order is that you do have a timeline, and that timeline is to be one of the first to get the unit.

It’s now mid-December and the holidays are coming up :rolleyes:
If you had a timeline, it likely would have expired in the last 24 months. At this point, I doubt anyone still in the pre-order line care about the delivery timeline.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Promise....., break promise....... Silence.
Repeat over and over.

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The main problem with the timeline at this point is that it is suggesting that they are still having issues (be that just delivery or even functionality).

I have another hobby that uses expensive parts. One company that I had a long affiliation with released a product that kept failing. The cost of the returns/repairs caused that company to go bankrupt. They started up again the next day with a new name; all those with orders in lost their money. Everyone who bought from the ‘new’ company got their items.

I have no idea what the financial state of GHL is, but for me the risk isn’t worth the reward at this stage. When/if they release a functioning product then I will seriously consider it.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The main problem with the timeline at this point is that it is suggesting that they are still having issues (be that just delivery or even functionality).

I have another hobby that uses expensive parts. One company that I had a long affiliation with released a product that kept failing. The cost of the returns/repairs caused that company to go bankrupt. They started up again the next day with a new name; all those with orders in lost their money. Everyone who bought from the ‘new’ company got their items.

I have no idea what the financial state of GHL is, but for me the risk isn’t worth the reward at this stage. When/if they release a functioning product then I will seriously consider it.
And it is getting to that point where GHL should refund everyone. Get the problems worked out and start over. I'd have to bet they can't at this juncture. Most people would now hold off purchasing until they proved it worked as promised. GHL has themselves in a cunundrum right now.

elcapitan1993

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
And it is getting to that point where GHL should refund everyone. Get the problems worked out and start over. I'd have to bet they can't at this juncture. Most people would now hold off purchasing until they proved it worked as promised. GHL has themselves in a cunundrum right now.
The only problems I see them having is getting the probes to the United States? Haven’t they been shipping the iond to people in Germany? It said on their website that they ARE shipping and could take up to 4 months to receive if purchased today

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only problems I see them having is getting the probes to the United States? Haven’t they been shipping the iond to people in Germany? It said on their website that they ARE shipping and could take up to 4 months to receive if purchased today
I was promised at least three times that it was going to be delivered and to keep an eye out for tracking since August. Nothing and no explanation. We were told they would ship in order of pre-order. This is obviously a lie also as Germany is getting it and we aren't. GHL is doing what they want and how they want to do it. I don't believe a word that comes from them anymore. I don't think anyone else should either. And I think people should be questioning them about it. Not that they will say anything. I ordered a Mitras light bar 6 months ago. It said and still says on their website 4 weeks delivery. It took over two months. Don't believe what you read on their website.

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Genuine question; have they been shipping to customers (other than Beta testers) in Germany?

If so, are there any reviews out there on how it is performing?

wmb0003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Genuine question; have they been shipping to customers (other than Beta testers) in Germany?

If so, are there any reviews out there on how it is performing?
Several people in the UK got tracking information the past few days so that’s a positive. Hopefully the US customers will get an update soon.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Several people out of thousands is positive news?

Back