Has anyone that pre-ordered seen their ION Director yet?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
GHL aren’t likely to do anything based on what is posted in forums, in my opinion.

The only way GHL will take notice is if a large number of people (hundreds, not one or two) start canceling and asking for their money back.

However, this isn’t likely to happen as people on the pre-order list are crossing their fingers hoping it will be next week, but it’s been 2 years already! How long are people going to continue to wait on the pre-order list? Another month? 6 months? A year? 5 years?

As an aside, the GHL USA website is still taking pre-orders. The webpage says ‘orders now may take 4 months starting from September’. Even that is not up to date!

Lucas815

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just so you guys know, not only has crap hit the fan in Germany with covid, but the fan has exploded in a thermonuclear blast.

I think they have more to worry about than the IonD currently.

When we put that in perspective, we're talking about nothing more than expensive toys for rich people in rich countries.
We should be very grateful to life that we have the disposable income to invest into such an expensive, and lets be frank, useless hobby.

I think we'll survive if we have to test our tanks manually for a couple more months.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine shipped today I pre-ordered on the first day... My order number was less than 100

I got two emails from GHL today and FedEx has picked it up according the tracking.
Out of curiosity how do you know that. I think I ordered mine on the first day but the receipt was a typical GHL Quickbooks PDF file Receipt so it had an Invoice number in the high 4000's. Did they give you a special receipt for the iOND? Just asking so it may help other people that are waiting to know how long they may have to wait.

jamey1010

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Out of curiosity how do you know that. I think I ordered mine on the first day but the receipt was a typical GHL Quickbooks PDF file Receipt so it had an Invoice number in the high 4000's. Did they give you a special receipt for the iOND? Just asking so it may help other people that are waiting to know how long they may have to wait.
On the email that said packing slip it shows the order number on the top right corner and it was under 100. I was pretty quick on the preorder and actually called them not that they sold 4000 more before you ordered but maybe??

jamey1010

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A little update I just got it delivered and that invoice shows my order number in the 4700's

So the email wasn't right about my order number.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A little update I just got it delivered and that invoice shows my order number in the 4700's

So the email wasn't right about my order number.
Mine was 4802 so I might have been in that first batch of 100 units.
Anyway I am just happy that people are starting to get theirs. I can wait until everything settles down.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 41.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 21.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 41 34.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back