Has anyone that pre-ordered seen their ION Director yet?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They made rules for the pre order. Pay in full by a certain date. Or no pre order. No soup for you!!! We did in good faith. Now where's the good faith from GHL????

Everyone can think what they want about this. To me it sounds like the IOND is going to be a failure. Silence beckons of uncertainty. Anyone see one in action that's not a beta?

DJF

know less, learn more
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe they’re just busy hammering out the logistics for their maxi 2 doser presale :)

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I dont normally post things like this but i just have to say that ive been watching this whole thing and cant understand why anybody would not be demanding their money back by now…

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont normally post things like this but i just have to say that ive been watching this whole thing and cant understand why anybody would not be demanding their money back by now…
Well @Vinny@GHLUSA just told him today that they have nothing further to say on the issue and if he is not happy with that he should request a refund.

Oldreefer44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A company may have well made products but if the people behind them do not value their customers enough to take the time to honestly communicate with them, do they really deserve your money?

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A company may have well made products but if the people behind them do not value their customers enough to take the time to honestly communicate with them, do they really deserve your money?
I've lost a lot of respect for GHL over this.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They know what's going on. They know when and if it will ever ship. They don't want us to know.
And that's bad news for us that pre ordered. They're coming out with the new doser so they don't want bad vibes affecting that. They know people will wait. It just might backfire on them if people lose patience waiting.

Matt Peacock

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well @Vinny@GHLUSA just told him today that they have nothing further to say on the issue and if he is not happy with that he should request a refund.

Out of interest, do you still think those who pre-ordered should hold out? The 3-4 month timeframe given in the 12 August 2021 update, which was to have completed delivery of all pre-orders is fast approaching. Just wondering if anything you've seen/read over the last month or so has altered your view. We pre-ordered December 2019.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Out of interest, do you still think those who pre-ordered should hold out? The 3-4 month timeframe given in the 12 August 2021 update, which was to have completed delivery of all pre-orders is fast approaching. Just wondering if anything you've seen/read over the last month or so has altered your view. We pre-ordered December 2019.
GHL is obviously going to do what it wants regardless of who pre-ordered or not. It's up to you too decide whether to get a refund or not. We can't rely on what they say anymore.
They've proven that.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would still hold on a bit longer. I figure that if by December GHL is not able to deliver a properly working product they will probably pull the plug themselves. If they stay on this road past mid December I would personally not wait around any longer, but that is each persons own choice, I can only speak for myself assuming I had waited around this long already.

Last edited:

CEReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would still hold on a bit longer. I figure that if by December GHL is not able to deliver a properly working product they will probably pull the plug themselves. If they stay on this road past mid December I would personally not wait around any longer, but that is each persons own choice, I can only speak for myself assuming I had waited around this long already.
Reading on the German forum.. do we really believe this thing is any good? I preordered and held on so far.. but probe life is extremely short, at 120$ every six month it’s getting pretty expensive. It’s true they say 6 months minimum, but if the probes are getting messed up just by shipping them, what makes you believe they are made to last?

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reading on the German forum.. do we really believe this thing is any good? I preordered and held on so far.. but probe life is extremely short, at 120$ every six month it’s getting pretty expensive. It’s true they say 6 months minimum, but if the probes are getting messed up just by shipping them, what makes you believe they are made to last?

Honest answer is that I am just as disturbed by the seemingly delicate nature of theses probes as you are.

This problem seems to be the one they are working on. I can only hope that they have made some major changes to the probes and are testing them now.

Cabinetman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow I can’t believe you ghl guys are still waiting for this. I remember waiting for the trident too but I think ghl has gone beyond. I actually concidered switching to ghl when I first heard of this device but after this there’d be no way…

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When this was first introduced I recall many people asking @Vinny@GHLUSA how they overcame the probe/sensor problems that were notoriously problematic for others trying to come up with this technology. Vinny assured everyone that they had the problem fully figured out. This was GHL after all. Their engineering was top notch and we should trust them telling us they have it absolutely right. I bought in, I was convinced along with so many others.
Now, two years later and what is the problem holding it back????
I guess it's hard for GHL to admit they didn't get it right.
Now....... The big question is? How much more money is GHL willing to throw at this before having to deem this a failure and then pull the plug on it? That's going to seriously hurt their ego. And probably the main reason for so much silence from them.

CEReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When this was first introduced I recall many people asking @Vinny@GHLUSA how they overcame the probe/sensor problems that were notoriously problematic for others trying to come up with this technology. Vinny assured everyone that they had the problem fully figured out. This was GHL after all. Their engineering was top notch and we should trust them telling us they have it absolutely right. I bought in, I was convinced along with so many others.
Now, two years later and what is the problem holding it back????
I guess it's hard for GHL to admit they didn't get it right.
Now....... The big question is? How much more money is GHL willing to throw at this before having to deem this a failure and then pull the plug on it? That's going to seriously hurt their ego. And probably the main reason for so much silence from them.
Maybe that's why the amount of GHL products in the selling pages of this forum has dramatically increased over few months.. are people selling everything thinking of a Mindstream kind of failure? GHL is not a massive company, a failure like this would sink the ship completely. I just hope we are totally wrong, it would be an incredible loss

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe that's why the amount of GHL products in the selling pages of this forum has dramatically increased over few months.. are people selling everything thinking of a Mindstream kind of failure? GHL is not a massive company, a failure like this would sink the ship completely. I just hope we are totally wrong, it would be an incredible loss
And maybe that's what they're afraid of. Again when someone goes quiet it's never a good thing. Loan someone a thousand dollars. When they stop talking to you then you know you have gotten taken. If there was good news it most certainly would be relayed to us.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm vested in GHL. About 3-4k worth. I have no choice but to wait. I'll never go Neptune/Apex.
I hope they figure it out.

Last edited by a moderator:

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.2%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.4%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 31 18.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back