Has anyone that pre-ordered seen their ION Director yet?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

DJF

know less, learn more
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did anyone take the time to read the German Forum posts.
I was only stating that it would be nice to read Nitrate (For Me).
I can already read Alk, Ca and Mg using my Trident.
I’m interested too- if you don’t feel comfortable posting here I’ll take them in a sidebar conversation. GHL is in a race with the Mastertonic for my $$- first one to the table gets to eat :) It can do nitrate which is a plus.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did anyone take the time to read the German Forum posts.
I was only stating that it would be nice to read Nitrate (For Me).
I can already read Alk, Ca and Mg using my Trident.
I have not one bit of interest in the German forums. That's a whole different geological entity.
I'm quite sure if there was a very big problem with the sensors it would have made its way here by now. I for one haven't heard one bad thing except from GHL saying there were problems. And they're working on it. You're stirring up dirt that doesn't need to be stirred.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not one bit of interest in the German forums. That's a whole different geological entity.
I'm quite sure if there was a very big problem with the sensors it would have made its way here by now. I for one haven't heard one bad thing except from GHL saying there were problems. And they're working on it. You're stirring up dirt that doesn't need to be stirred.

What does them being a different Geological entity have to do with anything? They are using the same device you will be getting. You really are a piece of work, one minute your whining about GHL not giving you what you want and you will never recommend them to anybody and then the next minute GHL is great.

I actually am really hoping you get your unit soon so that you can enjoy the same issues that those guys are having in Germany.

Last edited:

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What does them being a different Geological entity have to do with anything? They are using the same device you will be getting. You really are a piece of work, one minute your whining about GHL not giving you what you want and you will never recommend them to anybody and then the next minute GHL is great.

I actually am really hoping you get your unit soon so that you can enjoy the same issues that these guys are having in Germany.
It has a lot to do with it as they think along way different lines than we do. Every society around the world thinks differently. I'm not making judgement on something from Germany, They're expectations are not like ours.
But, a bad product that gets released even from another area gets bashed around the world. Germany has had it. How come those points aren't being related to us here?
You're hoping for this thing to fail to feed your ego and to prove you were right to bail when you did. I've been to your website. Honestly it isn't much for someone that is into all these controllers.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has a lot to do with it as they think along way different lines than we do. Every society around the world thinks differently. I'm not making judgement on something from Germany, They're expectations are not like ours.
But, a bad product that gets released even from another area gets bashed around the world. Germany has had it. How come those points aren't being related to us here?
You're hoping for this thing to fail to feed your ego and to prove you were right to bail when you did. I've been to your website. Honestly it isn't much for someone that is into all these controllers.
Oh am I supposed top be hurt by your comments on my Website. Why don't you try and put something together and show us how much better you can do it!

As I said I cannot wait for you to get your unit so we can hear you whine about the issues. I am not the one who goes around telling people that they don't recommend GHL Anymore, that is you! I have recommend GHL several times and still do.

You really are a shallow guy if you think I am interested in being proven right when I bailed out of this Fiasco after the second or third delay. I have spent that money several times over and am so happy that I did not tie it up in this.

Please get your unit soon, I just cannot wait to hear your whining again.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh am I supposed top be hurt by your comments on my Website. Why don't you try and put something together and show us how much better you can do it!

As I said I cannot wait for you to get your unit so we can hear you whine about the issues. I am not the one who goes around telling people that they don't recommend GHL Anymore, that is you! I have recommend GHL several times and still do.

You really are a shallow guy if you think I am interested in being proven right when I bailed out of this Fiasco after the second or third delay. I have spent that money several times over and am so happy that I did not tie it up in this.

Please get your unit soon, I just cannot wait to hear your whining again.
Just saying.

DJF

know less, learn more
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys are hilarious; may as well agree to disagree and spend the energy elsewhere. @robbyg i’ll take those links on the side if you don’t mind- I’d like to read more rounded user experiences as everything stateside has been from insiders. It may be a different country and some could be lost in translation but it’s the same product & I won’t discount their experiences. I imagine Ca, Mg and measuring standards for reefing are global…. It’s just science.

wmb0003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You guys are hilarious; may as well agree to disagree and spend the energy elsewhere. @robbyg i’ll take those links on the side if you don’t mind- I’d like to read more rounded user experiences as everything stateside has been from insiders. It may be a different country and some could be lost in translation but it’s the same product & I won’t discount their experiences. I imagine Ca, Mg and measuring standards for reefing are global…. It’s just science.
I would be interested in the German links as well. I work for a German company so I am used to plugging stuff into google translate. ;Woot

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go for it! The reviews haven't made it here yet. They've had the iond for a little while. I'm not worried. Don't even care what they say. I care about getting it in hands and seeing what it's about. I'm not interested in drama. I'm interested in cold hard facts.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BTW he's not posting them. If it's all what it's supposed to be they'd be posted here. Not secret secret.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BTW he's not posting them. If it's all what it's supposed to be they'd be posted here. Not secret secret.
It amazes me that you cannot use google to search for it. It comes up on the first page.

Anyway I sent it to those who asked.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It amazes me that you cannot use google to search for it. It comes up on the first page.

If it's that good share it here.

Anyway I sent it to those who asked

I really don't care.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just a friendly nudge to keep the focus on the issue and not on each other. Thanks.

pigmo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couldn’t nItrate trend just as alk does? Maybe not as fast but I’d love to put in an exact amount of food, keep my filtration constant and see day over day if my nitrate was stable, increasing or decreasing. Then changing a habit & trending its effect. You could also deduce & trend how much nitrate the corals are uptaking.
yes no3 uptake varies. for example, for us, if po4 goes above 0.22, uptake of nitrate and other drops way down. same if we alter lights, etc

does anyone have an update? its october 2021 already...

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes no3 uptake varies. for example, for us, if po4 goes above 0.22, uptake of nitrate and other drops way down. same if we alter lights, etc

does anyone have an update? its october 2021 already...
The guys in Germany are asking that same question and are being told that there are delays in getting the materials to make the probes. No date is being given!

DJF

know less, learn more
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone post here the process to start a return?

pigmo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The guys in Germany are asking that same question and are being told that there are delays in getting the materials to make the probes. No date is being given!

o.m.g. so the probe being the heart of this little machine, then GHL is at square one with this product?

can someone summarize all the US-superusers/testers' reports please? did they get crazy readings or did their probes not work for long? yikes it does kinda sound like we need to know the refund process ;Drool

Last edited:

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone post here the process to start a return?
If I had waited this long I would give it until December. I know it's a gamble but you have already waited 2 years and they do seem to be close to getting it done.

DJF

know less, learn more
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I had waited this long I would give it until December. I know it's a gamble but you have already waited 2 years and they do seem to be close to getting it done.
I hear you and I might but I’m not holding my breath anymore either. All it will take is one available mastertronic when I check :)

Last edited:
Back