Has passive aggressive, can be interpreted as insulting comments always been the norm on R2R?

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol, I had a post deleted for that font :p

giphy.gif
Wait... for real???? ;Hilarious

jordan10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have noticed in the last few days on a lot of threads that there is a level of passive aggressiveness that I’m not comfortable with. I have read numerous posts that seem insulting and then when someone responds, the person backs off. Is it unintentional? Is it that people don’t read their posts to see how it can be interpreted. I noticed this when members have opposing views on things. Maybe it’s not even passive aggressiveness. I just know I was sitting up all night last night (we are in the hospital, my wife gave birth to our second daughter) and I was getting angry at the way some members “speak” to others on the forum. Maybe I’m wrong and I’m just interpreting things incorrectly. Does anyone else feel this way?
Congrats on the second daughter I have 2 myself 3 and 10 years old. Poor me lol. But yes I get where ur coming from and it stops me from asking questions or bring up something because I see how some people respond to some things and I don't want to be that guy. Let's just say it takes me more then once to understand some stuff.

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My apologies to the world for suffering through my attempts at humor. I am the most sorry to @Bleigh's beta for bring it into this.

Why her the most? I was only kidding about the stick figures. Sorry.

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Don Lidtke

Some Old Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I just say - having a daughter is amazing!

My daughter turned 41 this year (when did I get this old), the oldest of our three kids; she has just completed her RN and has started her masters program. When her education is complete she will have her Masters as an RN in community health. This is her second master and her fifth major career change. Ya, daughters are amazing and yes, I am a proud father. :)

I will have to fill you in on my two boys another time. They’re equally amazing!

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have to be cognizant of that fact that things get misinterpreted because of strange cultural differences with people from Australia, Bali, Asia, Pittsburgh, Nomadic tribes, Vegans and Canadians.......

I didn’t know R2R allowed Canadians here.... I thought we IP blocked them out?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 20.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 39 52.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 9.3%
Back