Have y’all seen this new product called Reef Delete?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
81E4DBCB-9866-4AD6-BC69-DC7DD4F09D1E.jpeg

I have no stock or ownership in this company. They are also not a sponsor. But if this works I will be a customer. Lol!

ReefBuilders also has a post about it here: https://reefbuilders.com/2021/10/12...pests/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

austibella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
81E4DBCB-9866-4AD6-BC69-DC7DD4F09D1E.jpeg

I have no stock or ownership in this company. They are also not a sponsor. But if this works I will be a customer. Lol!

ReefBuilders also has a post about it here: https://reefbuilders.com/2021/10/12...pests/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Don't think it's good for us that have larger tanks and can't get our arms to the bottom of our tanks. My majano wand does the same thing but it has a long arm to get to the bottom and it can get into tight spots. But it looks good!!! Pretty cool!

Darren in Tacoma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting. $400 American. Might be worth it if it works as advertised and lasts about ten years. Also depends on how long you need to hold it in place and how focused the beam is. Oh, and if you can get one during the pandemic.

sunken3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting. $400 American. Might be worth it if it works as advertised and lasts about ten years. Also depends on how long you need to hold it in place and how focused the beam is. Oh, and if you can get one during the pandemic.
an open UV-C bulb also seems like it could have some very negative health effects (say if pressed outside of the water).

Not an IT guy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry but it’s stuck at the shipping port.

Darren in Tacoma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
an open UV-C bulb also seems like it could have some very negative health effects (say if pressed outside of the water).
Advertised that it wont work unless it's under water, but yeah, probably shouldn't point it at your face either way.

Looks like it will kill any soft tissue.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like fancy majano wand.

Honestly I just boil some water on the stove... suck it up with a syringe (no needle) and then aim and shoot the aiptasia and it does the same thing but costs like 10 cents. Also they can't hide in a hole since you can flood the hole with the boiling water.

I suppose if I had a fancy looking syringe, with fancy packaging, and a fancy video... then I could also sell special reef safe "aiptasia killing water" bottled like the betta water at Petco.....

They say a sucker is born every day... ya? :)

Last edited:

reefz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This looks awesome. This would save me the pain of flatworms. Kind of ticked me off that they listed xenia and star polyps as pests lol.

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like fancy majano wand.

Honestly I just boil some water on the stove... suck it up with a syringe (no needle) and then aim and shoot the aiptasia and it does the same thing but costs like 10 cents. Also they can't hide in a hole since you can flood the hole with the boiling water.

I suppose if I had a fancy looking syringe, with fancy packaging, and a fancy video... then I could also sell special reef safe "aiptasia killing water" bottled like the betta water at Petco.....

They say a sucker is born every day... ya? :)
That’s smart! I dont remember hearing this opinion before! Sounds like it will also sterilize any spawnings before they grow into new aiptasia’s too.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 122 81.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back