Hawkfish in 20 gallon?

LukeSivyer45

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive got a 20 gallon tank containing a pair of clowns, a royal gramma, 4 nassarius snails and 4 trochus snails. Ive seen at my lfs flame and longnose hawkfish and absolutely love them. I understand not all hawkfish like snails and will be setting up an 8 gallon reef so if i had to i could house them there. Is it possible to have one in a 19 by 14 by 14 inch tank?

Llyod276

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My spotted hawkfish is fearless. But gets along with everyone. Not the biggest of fish. And the hawkfish will be king of your tank until the clowns grow up. If your clowns are a breeding pair then that tank is a bit small depending on how much turf the clowns claim. (For that tank).

In my 75g, I've just (as in today) paired and got to host lightning maroon clownfish in gbta. Granted the female is 4" and is prolly the largest fish in the tank makes the current king of tank, the sailfin, back off. They've claimed a good foot of space around the anemone.

The only fish I've seen my hawk chase is the blue damsel, but the damsel is a but head anyway, and will chase the hawkfish back. Almost like playing. Eh.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back