OP
hdsoftail1065

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A little tank shot. Needing some color. Wife has a leather on a rock, unfortunately it also has GSP. Thinking about getting a gallon of water, airstone and some flatworm x in a bucket and killing any FW's and moving into the bottom front. Doable? Figured it would start freeing up some space in her tank.

Tanks a little cloudy, just hit the glass with the flipper. Doing a little light maintenance before bed. I spent all evening in the yard wishing it was a giant aquarium, then I could buy a cleanup crew for the labordoodles!

IMG_20181022_203953.jpg

OP
OP
hdsoftail1065

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took a chance and decided to let the clowns figure it out for a few days. I think it's working. The bigger one will chase the smaller one (not near as much) the small one will stop and wiggle like it's being electricuted. The big on stops as if it's saying "ok" and swims off. Crazy!

Treated the 32 for FW's again today, those buggers are tough, looks like we will have a 3rd treatment. Argh! The numbers are down to 20-30 that I can see. I'll give it a few days and hit it again. The wife wanted this rock with GSP and some kind of leather out of her tank. Not sure if it's a leather but we gave it a good bath with FW Exit then a good rinse, the just for safe measure repeated. Placed it in my tank to free up some space in hers. Ya pics not great, I need some of @Fudsey famous orange glasses. :)

Now it's WC on the big one!

Oh, Chiefs 7-1 Baby!

IMG_20181028_172039.jpg

OP
OP
hdsoftail1065

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the link, I do remember this one. It seems to have some mixed results. But hey, I'm going on my 3rd treatment with FW exit so I guess after reading other folks experience with that product and my experience it's safe to say that product also has mixed results. I figure this next treatment should do the trick. First treatment killed hundreds, this one not near as many to clean out. I can see very few on the glass now.

OP
OP
hdsoftail1065

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, just finished my first 15% WC in the big tank. Wow, I need to figure out a better process and pickup a longer hose. Made the mistake of asking the wife to help...ya she seen that I kind of flooded the bathroom floor when I was making water, it was the wet carpet in the hall that gave it away. My black line fell out of the sink. She didn't buy the "I just finished mopping the floor story", there was some truth to it! She missed the other 5 or 6 times this happened. :eek:
What she doesn't know won't hurt me! :D

OP
OP
hdsoftail1065

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The most fun I have in this hobby is when it's time to feed the nems. As a matter of fact I get excited when the wife says it's time to feed them because I know I'm about time to experience some cheap entertainment!

I love walking into Dillon's (Kroger) and walking back to the sea food department...it always happens like this EVERY TIME!

Clerk:. Can I help you?
Me:. I would like a shrimp
Clerk: how much would you like
Me: 1
Clerk: 1 pound
Me: No, 1 shrimp
Clerk:. Laughing, are you serious?
Me: Do you see me laughing? I just need 1.

Everytime the clerk has to call back another clerk because their scales doesn't read that low. Then it's...we don't know how to charge you for this.

Me:. Well, gee, I have a great idea....

If you have nems, have some fun!

IMG_20181029_185412.jpg

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The most fun I have in this hobby is when it's time to feed the nems. As a matter of fact I get excited when the wife says it's time to feed them because I know I'm about time to experience some cheap entertainment!

I love walking into Dillon's (Kroger) and walking back to the sea food department...it always happens like this EVERY TIME!

Clerk:. Can I help you?
Me:. I would like a shrimp
Clerk: how much would you like
Me: 1
Clerk: 1 pound
Me: No, 1 shrimp
Clerk:. Laughing, are you serious?
Me: Do you see me laughing? I just need 1.

Everytime the clerk has to call back another clerk because their scales doesn't read that low. Then it's...we don't know how to charge you for this.

Me:. Well, gee, I have a great idea....

If you have nems, have some fun!

IMG_20181029_185412.jpg

Hilarious! They put the same sticker in a bag for me too! They can’t weight it!

OP
OP
hdsoftail1065

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Introduced 2 new members tonight to the HD fun house. Some of the meet and greet committee welcomed Spot to his new home. Still no sign of the Tribal Blenny. When he shows up I will snag up a pick, he is very cool fish.

IMG_20181030_202701.jpg

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Introduced 2 new members tonight to the HD fun house. Some of the meet and greet committee welcomed Spot to his new home. Still no sign of the Tribal Blenny. When he shows up I will snag up a pick, he is very cool fish.

IMG_20181030_202701.jpg

I’m guessing Spot is the foxface?

Who else is new?!

My tailspot blenny was in the tank first so he is my Spot.

My one-spot foxface is Zorro!

OP
OP
hdsoftail1065

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m guessing Spot is the foxface?

Who else is new?!

My tailspot blenny was in the tank first so he is my Spot.

My one-spot foxface is Zorro!
Spot is a temporary name, haven't had time for a good name yet. Zorro is a cool name!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 42 48.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 46 52.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • None.

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.3%
Back