He’s ALIVE !!!

twolittlefish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So about a week ago I brought home a Sea Cucumber. Well after his first night he like disappeared in my tank.

I was in a full panic this morning as I began to read that he may have been stuck or worse dead and if that wasn’t bad enough dead Sea cucumbers supposedly is toxic for the tank.

So there I was diving into my aquarium removing rock. Desperately trying to find him but trying desperately trying not to disturb my tank too much Then Boom ... there he was not stretched out though.

I feared the worse of course thinking he was dead. I even began to cry. I picked him up and held him in my hand.

After a couple of minutes of me staring at him through my tears he began to move.
Thank God !!! I gently placed him back down on the sand in front of my tank. Still unsure if he was ok and he began to move.

Oh my heart!!!

lol I understand how to this may sound silly but I was truly in a panic and honestly in tears that I may have lost him. I am new to all this and just want try my best to provide a beautiful safe and healthy home for my new found loves.

Attachments

• IMG_1918.MOV
    35.3 MB

itsken37

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a similar experience with a green mandarin goby: (Copy/paste) I once had a mandarin goby jump out of my Fluval when I was working on it once and I could not find him and I was so sad. 3 month later I am replacing the pump in the back of my fluval when what do you know he comes up with the pump after being 3 WHOLE MONTHS IN THE SPACE THAT'S 2 BY 3 INCHES WHEN HE WAS A 3 INCH FISH!!! I had no idea how he lived, but he must of been feeding off of copepods in the pump for that long. I thought he had died but I was always confused why I never found the body! After I found him... Geez, I will never forget that fish.

OP
OP
twolittlefish

twolittlefish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a similar experience with a green mandarin goby: (Copy/paste) I once had a mandarin goby jump out of my Fluval when I was working on it once and I could not find him and I was so sad. 3 month later I am replacing the pump in the back of my fluval when what do you know he comes up with the pump after being 3 WHOLE MONTHS IN THE SPACE THAT'S 2 BY 3 INCHES WHEN HE WAS A 3 INCH FISH!!! I had no idea how he lived, but he must of been feeding off of copepods in the pump for that long. I thought he had died but I was always confused why I never found the body! After I found him... Geez, I will never forget that fish.
Wow That’s amazing!!!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Great to hear

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 20.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back