Heater Emergency

Rhino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I am stuck at home tonight with a stomach virus and look over at my tank and the heater's indicator light is not on. I have been trying to get it to work again for a while and the heater has just died for no reason. No cracks anything, I have felt this Eheim Jager is a piece of crap compared to my Aqueon Pro. It's only about 90 days old and won't do anything. So my tank has dropped about 5 degrees in the last little bit and is currently sitting at 72. I would love to go get a heater from Petco right now, but between the stomach virus keeping me close to the toilet and the flooding here in Cookeville. In case you all don't know it is bad hear right now. I just got a call from my manager and our store is flooding right now, almost to the showroom. How can I keep my tank warm? I know i can wrap it in blankets or towels but most are in the washing machine right now. I have a freshwater tank, could I pull my heater out of that and run it back and fourth between the two or do I have to worry about bacteria and crap between the two? Thanks for any help or insight....so glad I had the lfs hold onto the piece of Green Star Polyp I bought yesterday.

bknapp

Has been left unattended
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Turn the heat up in the house and have the ambient heat warm the tank, leave the lights on, a space heater in the general area of the tank. Have you double checked any extra equipment you might have? I am not sure if I would transfer the heater back and forth, there could be potential bacteria issues (I am unsure if this is true, just doesn't sound like a good idea to me.) Hope this helps, these ideas may not be ideal or feasible just throwing out ideas that come to mind.

Last edited:

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure it is cool before sticking it in another tank or it will burst

Sent from my SCH-I905 using Tapatalk 2

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 45 29.2%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 42 27.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 54 35.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.2%
Back