Helio Heater

Kathy Floyd

ktfloyd01
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just got an E7 and didn't know it shut itself off after a water change yesterday. My tank is at 74 and now reset the heater and getting the E4. Of course, my tank is cold now, but the heater is working and heating up the tank, currently at 75.2. I am more worried about heating the tank up too fast and what will happen??

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many W is your heater and how large is your tank volume? :)

Innovative Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got an E7 and didn't know it shut itself off after a water change yesterday. My tank is at 74 and now reset the heater and getting the E4. Of course, my tank is cold now, but the heater is working and heating up the tank, currently at 75.2. I am more worried about heating the tank up too fast and what will happen??
Hi Kathy, the Helio Smart PTC heaters not only have a traditional remote sensor but they also include one inside the elements. When the two sensors are not reading the same temperature an E7 alert will alarm and turn off the heater until reset as this could be a critical risk to overheating the aquarium.

The most common reasons for an E7 could be a water change at different temp, colder ato replenishment water entering near the sensor, or sensor coming out of water. To reset, just push any button on the controller. We advise to keep the audible alert on located on the side of the controller.

The PTC heater will slowly and gradually heat the water back to the desired set temp. So you will be fine in the meantime.

Best Regards,
IM Team

OP
OP
Kathy Floyd

Kathy Floyd

ktfloyd01
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi Kathy, the Helio Smart PTC heaters not only have a traditional remote sensor but they also include one inside the elements. When the two sensors are not reading the same temperature an E7 alert will alarm and turn off the heater until reset as this could be a critical risk to overheating the aquarium.

The most common reasons for an E7 could be a water change at different temp, colder ato replenishment water entering near the sensor, or sensor coming out of water. To reset, just push any button on the controller. We advise to keep the audible alert on located on the side of the controller.

The PTC heater will slowly and gradually heat the water back to the desired set temp. So you will be fine in the meantime.

Best Regards,
IM Team
Thank you.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back