Heater help

Snprhed

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 6, 2008
Messages
210
Reaction score
1
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im sure its come up before, I tried searching but didnt come up with anything that I needed. I have 200+ gallons, and on the verge of adding more to bring it up to 300 range. What heater do seems to work well with the bigger tanks? I know aqua logic has a big tank unit, but they start at $560. Just trying to figure out other options.
 
are you using anything right now?
do you have a controller?
 
i use a jbj 1000w and it works great on my 275 gallon .. i actually have 2 of them in case the 1st one fails.. and is controlled via apex and the jbj controller as a fail safe
 
I am currently using a 250 and a 300w Jager. They are doing ok but this is in my garage and I need something with more capability. I did just get an apex. It appears to be written in English but I think it is some saltwater geekinese that Im not familiar with...
 
I was kinda thinking about going with the finnex 800w and controlling it with the apex, if I can figure it out
 
Hey all, I'm going to tag along here to keep from cluttering things up...

I've got a 180 system up now... maybe a tad over 200 gallons when it is all said and done.

I've got 2 heaters now, either a 250 and a 300 watt, or maybe 2 250w models. But they aren't keeping my temp up. I'm lucky to hit over 74 degrees with the lights out.

What would you guys suggest? Go with a 500w and use the larger of the 2 as a backup to that?
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new