Heavy sand for wrasses

Kershaw

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. Been out of the hobby for a while and just started a new build, well sort of it’s in planning. first equipment arrives on oct 8
I’m planning on doing a water box 6025 and plan to have about 4 sand burrowing wrasses. In the past my sand always blows around from flow of tank.
so what is the largest sand I can get that wrasses can still burrow in?
Thanks in advance.

Tumey

Reefer With A Broken Brain ( TBI Survivor )
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have Tropic Eden Reef Flakes and have never noticed injury to my leopard wrasses. Advertised grain size is 3.0mm

Tumey

Reefer With A Broken Brain ( TBI Survivor )
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for reply
How well dose it stay put in your tank? Do your power heads cause it to move making it so you see the glass?
My tank is a peninsula, 5 feet long and 30 inches deep. I have 2 MP40’s running Reef Crest mode at 100% mounted halfway up on one end. None of my sand blows around at all.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 58.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 23 28.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back