Hello all!

Krash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope you are all having a wonderful day! This is my first time doing saltwater. I live where the air I breathe hurts my face in the winter. I'm starting with a 26 gallon bow front tank. I know its small, but my go to pet store has more confidence in me tham I do. Lol I won't be putting anything yet till we come back from vacation so it will be a few weeks.
IMG_20180702_160350893.jpeg

Gabriel1296

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope you are all having a wonderful day! This is my first time doing saltwater. I live where the air I breathe hurts my face in the winter. I'm starting with a 26 gallon bow front tank. I know its small, but my go to pet store has more confidence in me tham I do. Lol I won't be putting anything yet till we come back from vacation so it will be a few weeks.
IMG_20180702_160350893.jpeg

Welcome to R2R !

Turbo's Aquatics

Super Duper Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

Here's a pic from one of my favorite articles on reefkeeping, applicable to new hobbyists and old as well:

eb_reef.jpg

The nitrogen cycle is only the startup of a SW tank cycle. The next 6-12 months is a maturing phase, and it's typically in this time frame where algae outbreaks occur and things can sort of roller-coaster, and if you stock the tank up too quickly, you might see corals randomly dying & fish getting sick, etc...hobbyists can very easily fall into the trap of chasing problems = making more problems => giving up and selling everything off. We don't want that to happen to anyone!

Long-term stability and balance are the keys, and you just can't shortcut the process significantly. That's always the #1 thing to keep in mind!

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 52 55.9%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 28 30.1%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back